• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Brain Teasers

Yesterdays answers

1. Midday - Noon
2. A young dog - Pup
3. Flat - Level
4. Word for addressing a lady - Madam
5. An Eskimo canoe - Kayak
6. A system for detecting aircraft, ships, etc. - Radar
7. An action - Deed
8. Pieces of music for one person - Solos
9. Grass that grows on the seashore - Marram
10. In music, half a semibreve - Minim
11. Doctrine - Tenet
12. Restorer - Reviver

A very mean king went to a nearby village. He wanted some more slaves to serve him at his royal palace. He decided that if any family in the village had more than five children, he would take them. A cobbler and his wife had ten children. When the king came to take them, the cobbler and his wife begged and begged. Finally the king said, "I see that you have ten pairs of shoes in a box. If you can give each of your children a pair and still leave one pair out of ten in the box, you can keep your children. The cobbler and his wife began to smile at each other. How did they keep all of their children?

In each sentence, an animal is concealed. The first sentence has dog concealed. Can you find the others?

1. What shall I do, Gertrude?
2. Asking nutty questions can be most annoying.
3. A gold key is not a common key.
4. Horace tries in school to be a very good boy.
5. People who drive too fast are likely to be arrested.
6. Did I ever tell you, Bill, I once found a dollar?
7. John came late to his arithmetic class.
8. I enjoy listening to music at night.

I am three words,
Two of them appear the same,
Two are pronounced the same.
One is the third person use of "capable" or "permit".
One means to sleep, but only for a bit.
The last word means a group of deer,
Perhaps now you can tell me, what words are here?

Best guess would be doze and does for the last 2, but I'm not convinced 'does' fits 'capable' or 'permit' :think:

First ever try
1 Does (pronounced DUZ)
2 Doze
3 Does(as in doe a female deer)
1st one might have been better as a little medicine Dose then all 3 would sound the same
all the best
Larry
sorry if its wrong

At noon, you look at the clock in your bedroom. The big hand is on the five and the little hand is in between the 3 and the 4. What time is it?

Georges, Patrick, Charlis, Samuel and Bruno are five Frenchmen. Georges knows English and Chinese. Patrick knows Chinese and Japanese. Charlis knows Japanese and German. Samuel knows German and English. Bruno knows them all: English, Chinese, Japanese and German.

In how many ways can they sit in a row, such that any two neighboring persons have no problems in communication?

Back