• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Brain Teasers

What are the answers to all these clues and what do those answers have in common?

1. An amber tinted paste used on a wienerwurst.
2. A purple fruit
3. Besides the number of days, the months of May and August have this in common.
4. A finely feathered and polychromatic avian friend.
5. A 7 letter word for a pigment like crimson.
6. A bleached and neutral hue.

1) er, ketchup ?
2) pomegranate
3)Bank Holidays
4) parrot
5) ?
6) er, magnolia ?

All imports from another country perhaps ?

Stumped on this one, Kev :oops:

Sorry, not for me today either I'm afraid. I thought 2. was a plum but by the time I got to 5. quite frankly I didn't give a damn. So I decided 1. was probably yesterdays bonus answer and he must have been as confused as me because the last time I saw him he was in the library with his revolver. So I give up. :eek:

Birthstones emerald(May) and peridot(August) are both green, although August can also be sardonyx which is brown.

Thanks Samacas, the answer given was

The answers are:

1. Mustard
2. Plum
3. Green (The color of the birthstones of May and August).
4. Peacock
5. Scarlet
6. White

All these words are the last names of the characters in the game of Clue (Cluedo).

1. Colonel Mustard
2. Professor Plum
3. Mr. Green
4. Mrs. Peacock
5. Miss Scarlet
6. Mrs. White

Its an easy one for today:-

A palindrome is a word or phrase that reads the same, if it's turned back-to-front. The names Bob, Eve, and Otto are all palindromes. So is the name of the pop group Abba. Try to identify palindromic words from the following clues. Good luck!

Example: Part of the body

Answer: Eye

1. Midday
2. A young dog
3. Flat
4. Word for addressing a lady
5. An Eskimo canoe
6. A system for detecting aircraft, ships, etc.
7. An action
8. Pieces of music for one person
9. Grass that grows on the seashore
10. In music, half a semibreve
11. Doctrine
12. Restorer

So far so good but I think we are missing 3 answers
9. Grass that grows on the seashore
11. Doctrine
12. Restorer

Back