• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Boredom bets.

I know some people frown at the idea of multiple bets but i like them, so...

TRIXIE...

1.40..ex .MARTINHALE might have run in better races and in any case the drop down to 2m could help imo. 0/30

2.50 stw..PALAZZO Seems in decent enough form for his grade and i think "times" support his chance here 11/4

3.50 stw...RAYYAN..I thought his 5f run here in a fast enough time showed he can handle the track, fair form since over 6f wolves gives him every chance. 9/4

I do not think there is anything boring about a member sharing there bets as above with some reasoning. Re frowning on multiples while they would be a very rare occurrence for myself i do live in hope of finding 3 or 4 on the day at prices and whose chances i feel really good about which would enable attempting the really big hit. This has yet to occur but i live in hope.

Members may laugh and this is OK but i would have to use a cash in the shops approach and i have actually planned and recced the route. :)

My best returns have always come from multi's problem is at the moment I'm having difficulty picking my nose let alone 3-4 winning horses:nosepick:

Same here Larry - I feel right out of the 'groove' at the moment. I don't know what it is. Perhaps just an unease with outside influences and not being able to focus.

i do live in hope of finding 3 or 4 on the day

Me too. I've done it once with an Alex Gorrie Big Sting trixie bet ( the first one ) but never with my own 'picks'.

Good luck T tacker ( I like the thread title - should bring you luck :)).

I do not think there is anything boring about a member sharing there bets as above with some reasoning. Re frowning on multiples while they would be a very rare occurrence for myself i do live in hope of finding 3 or 4 on the day at prices and whose chances i feel really good about which would enable attempting the really big hit.
There's lots of talk about aftertiming at the moment so forgive me if I say I have done multi's with a modicum of success in the past although never at fancy prices an example being I once did a 10p win Goliath(it was on a bank holiday & was best horse from each meeting) the bet cost £24.70 & the payout with 8 winners was less than £150

Larry Larry Re after timing i feel that reminisces from long past are not only excusable but welcome. It is good to have and share such memories if nothing else recalling them can prove helpful when things are not going to plan. If you have read some of my posts over the years you will know that i also make plenty of mentions Re when its gone wrong so hopefully one gives some perspective and balance to the other. :)

If I was to note my big wins from the past it would be a very small post but on the other hand my losses would make war & peace seem like a slim paperback, also backers are like fisherman we are always a hairs breadth from that big one/win, this time next year Rodney :D

In the spirit of aftertiming , I bet 3 horses yesterday and they were all beaten 30lengths +

Gonna take the the day off from usual betting today but inspired by T tacker boredom Trixie , picked 3 out myself in Southwell today and placed a modest £5 trixie
1.50 Liamba
2.50 Palazzo
3.50 Nick Vedder

only reasoning I have them all top rated speed on recent CD form

good luck all

If I had 3 today they'd be
12.50 S Nortonthorpe Boy(lost already)
1.50 S Liamba(could be any of 6 in this race but selection comes up most times on my HRB systems)
1.10 E Sandymount Rose
I will add I'm not betting at the moment but my selections are still crap

O Outlander You say +30L so i suppose we have to accept your word for it, so with that rate of improvement i want to wish you well today and most probably congratulations by tomorrow.

On the subject of Boredom betting, the snooker star Jimmy White seemed to get an addiction to anything he tried, he was interviewed about his drink, drug & gambling addiction, he said in his fight against alcoholism he only drank champagne because its to bubbly to get addicted to, & he'd have a few £10 bets each day to fight off the boredom of just watching racing, he wasn't asked about his drug problems

On the subject of Boredom betting, the snooker star Jimmy White seemed to get an addiction to anything he tried, he was interviewed about his drink, drug & gambling addiction, he said in his fight against alcoholism he only drank champagne because its to bubbly to get addicted to, & he'd have a few £10 bets each day to fight off the boredom of just watching racing, he wasn't asked about his drug problems
On the subject of addiction, I’ve been betting on nearly every race nearly every day for well over 20 years, I don’t stop there I bet on French, South African, Dubai, Hong Kong, USA, Australian racing as well, but I could stop tomorrow because I’m not addicted.
During my late teens and 20s I drank dozens of pints of Stella every week , some days for 12 hours straight, but I wasn’t addicted and now hardly bother drinking at all , maybe the odd bottle of Stella if a have a curry or on a sunny day in the garden.
But one thing I’ve learned is I’m addicted to Carbohydrates, if I eat bread , sugars , potatoes etc I’m hungry for more , find it hard to stop and will stuff myself until beached.
That has been a very hard addition to kick

On the subject of addiction, I’ve been betting on nearly every race nearly every day for well over 20 years, I don’t stop there I bet on French, South African, Dubai, Hong Kong, USA, Australian racing as well, but I could stop tomorrow because I’m not addicted.
During my late teens and 20s I drank dozens of pints of Stella every week , some days for 12 hours straight, but I wasn’t addicted and now hardly bother drinking at all , maybe the odd bottle of Stella if a have a curry or on a sunny day in the garden.
But one thing I’ve learned is I’m addicted to Carbohydrates, if I eat bread , sugars , potatoes etc I’m hungry for more , find it hard to stop and will stuff myself until beached.
That has been a very hard addition to kick
You must be doing something right if you're betting on 30+ races a day & coming out on top

Perhaps i am fortunent in respect of i have never had a problem in not having a bet, in fact i could argue the case that i do not have as many as i should. However i do enjoy my cigars and also accept an element of addiction is involved. I suspect i will regret this one day but until it arrives then sod the doctors. :bigboss:

I watch Talking Pictures tv station a lot, & back in the day I think it was the law to smoke . I recently watched Dead of Night & I'm sure even the studio cat lit up a fag :lol:

5.00 newc ROYAL BIRTH 7/2
This 5f fast track qualifier is a good cl2 race and while you have to admire the fav here VENTUROUS who i thought was at the top of his game a year ago when winning off a mark of 87 but in recent weeks and at the age of 8 appears to have improved to his new mark of 100 and will want some beating today however, another old campaigner ROYAL BIRTH a 10yr old who has won his last 2 races and was a little unlucky in this race last year when touched off by Good Effort now rated 109 so a great little race to enjoy.

5.30 newc VINTAGER 11/4

A race you could find fault with all of them and i'm looking forward to see how VINTAGER copes with this stiff mile now at the age of 6, well traveled and while i'm unsure how good his recent chantilly win was i'll give him a chance here.

12.40 ling IN THE COVE 18/1 (might get bigger)

I can see enough in his form to warrant saying that this horse could be a threat to both favs and i also believe this kid Luke Catton to be a talented apprentice and well worth 7lb allowance.

Racing at the moment just isn't very inspiring and so hard to fancy anything but...

7.00 One or two here dropping down from class3 and running off marks lower than previous wins such as Strawberry Jack but i suspect OLD NEWS is on the improve and with Hollie Doyle booked will be fit enough despite 105 days off to shrug off a 3lb rise though 7f and draw 11 could both be a worry. 13/2

8.00 Another filly that having won her last 2 races NO NAY BELLA off 72 & 77 goes up again to 80 so she will need to improve today, from what i can judge the first 4 home at kemp show her last win to be on the upgrade and hopefully plenty of pace for Ben Curtis to attack.
0/30

Back