• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

BIG RACE HANDICAPS

Aim:
I will be targeting the big Saturday handicaps, and the Festival races, any of the selections that make the final cut will be included in any race I've covered in my KISS thread at the price taken.

3:35
Kempton
22 FEB 2020ITV4
3m 888Sport Handicap Chase (Grade 3) (Class 1)
(5yo+)

Potters Legend 1pt win 26.0 B365

CD winner and well in at the weights on past form, has been rested since breaking a blood vessel at Haydock in December.
Double Shuffle 1pt win 13.0 Bvictor
CD winner, finished 2nd in this race last year off a mark of 154 and is now rated 150, must have a chance of going one better this time.

Last edited:
2:45
Newcastle
22 FEB 2020ITV4
4m1½f (4m1f56y) Vertem Eider Handicap Chase (Class 2)
(5yo+)

Smooth Stepper 1pt win 34.0 Bvictor
NR !!!

Ascot De Bruyere 1pt win 34.0 Unibet
Seems to like this track and made all in convincing fashion to win a 20f Hcap Chase last season.
If he stays the distance he has a very good chance.

Last edited:
Kempton
22 FEB 2020ITV4
3m 888Sport Handicap Chase (Grade 3) (Class 1)
(5yo+)

Potters Legend 1pt win 26.0 B365

CD winner and well in at the weights on past form, has been rested since breaking a blood vessel at Haydock in December.
Double Shuffle 1pt win 13.0 Bvictor
CD winner, finished 2nd in this race last year off a mark of 154 and is now rated 150, must have a chance of going one better this time.

Potters Legend is a NR!!!
I must make a habit of checking whether the horse has got other entries as that would have deterred me from backing it Ante Post.
Lesson Learned.

3:15
Newbury
29 FEB 2020ITV
2m4f (2m3f187y) William Hill Supporting Greatwood Gold Cup Handicap Chase (Grade 3) (Class 1)
(5yo+)

1: San Benedeto 1pt win 8.50 Whill

He won this race last season off a mark of 147, this time he races off 150 but has the services of a useful 5lb claimer Brian Carver, who ran a cracking race on Samtegal for Nicholls last Saturday.

Doncaster
29 FEB 2020ITV
3m2f (3m2f1y) 888Sport Grimthorpe Handicap Chase (Class 2)
(5yo+)

1: Definitely Red 1pt win 13.0 Unibet

He won this race in 2017 and can win this on his way to having a crack at the Grand National
Unfortunately this is Definitely Reds second choice of race and he is entered in a race at Kelso.

1: Ascot De Bruyere 1pt win 36.0 Ladbrokes
I backed this horse at the abandoned Newcastle meeting, and will stick by him in this race.
He won a C3 Hcap Chase off a mark of 122 at Newcastle by a wide margin, this resulted in the handicapper raising him by 13lbs to 135.
He has come down to a more realistic mark of 127 and has the services of a useful 3lb claimer.

2: Captain Chaos 1pt win 8.0 Unibet
He ran a good race to be 2nd to Kimberlite Candy in the Warwick Classic Chase and the handicapper has given him a chance to go one better by leaving him on the same mark of 134.

Last edited:
After Rule 4 deductions my Captain Chaos bet was only 5.2 , I was under the impression that if I placed an ante post bet then R4 did not apply. I placed the bet on Friday at 13:10 hrs.
Also Definitely Red was not confirmed a NR till the day of racing so surely I should have got my stake back.
I know it was well known that the preferred race was Kelso but the trainer was allowed to keep his options open so shouldn't that apply to the backer as well.

1583047913677.png

Richard Dymond Richard Dymond Ante post terms apply until after the final decs. On the flat these are the 48hr ones, i have lost track of the NH but think its 24hr and this does not mean 24hrs prior to the off but rather from the time they are officially available which is normally 11.30 am the day before so this may be why you where hit with the R4 deductions.

It's a pity they don't do NRNB on the big races like they seem happy to do with Cheltenham.
I do not blame them for not offering this but they take the stake instantly when you place the bet so no reason why it cannot be returned promptly when the animal is a N/r. As i recall B365 do and send an e mail informing. I used to feel there where only two creditable Bookmakers on odds checker B365 and WH but i can no longer say the same for the latter. Interesting that while B365 continue to grow WH have taken a big hit on there share price.!

mick mick
Been at A&E with my mum since early this morning so sorry for late reply, what a day it’s been but she’s in the best place.
Just looked at my WH account and it’s still showing San Benedetto as an open bet.
I will try and resolve it tomorrow.

Last edited:
mick mick
I've just been in a live chat with someone called Lysa at WH and after more than 30 minutes she said that she was referring the matter to the settlers and that I would hear back in due course.
I asked her to email me a copy of the transcript and she said that she certainly would, but so far nothing has appeared in my inbox.
You couldn't make it up.

Many thanks to all
I think my wife and I have reached a stage where my mum is going to need extra care when she comes out of hospital, but she is very stubborn and says she doesn't want carers coming in, but to me it's now a no brainer.

Back