• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Betting in France

Hi

I have just come back from a weekend in France and noticed that I couldn't access my bet365 account due legal restrictions in France. I am going back to France in August for a couple of weeks and was wondering if anyone knew which uk sites (if any) were available in France.

I have checked with many sites and nobody has confirmed that their sites are accessable, does anyone know of any?

I have just come back from a weekend in France and noticed that I couldn't access my bet365 account due legal restrictions in France. I am going back to France in August for a couple of weeks and was wondering if anyone knew which uk sites (if any) were available in France.

I have checked with many sites and nobody has confirmed that their sites are accessable, does anyone know of any?
Hi M minnehoma ,

You won't be able to place any bets with non-French betting sites directly. All sites that don't have approval from the gambling authority, ARJEL, have been asked to block users connecting via a French ISP and, as you've already seen, they do. So, there are three things you can do to get your bets on:
1) Ring a (trusted) friend to back your selections for you.
2) The PMU has some coverage of IRL/UK racing. It's a bit sparse and the pools are small, but if they're covering one you want to bet in you can drop into the nearest PMU bar/brasserie/tabac and place your bet. You can check the PMU site for any possible coverage: http://www.pmu.fr/turf/ up to two days in advance.
3) Buy a subscription to a VPN/proxy server service, launch it, connect to a UK server and then connect to one of your UK betting accounts in your browser and place your bets. I use HideMyAss, which costs $78 per year (~£50), and if you intend to do a fair bit of travelling, it's a useful tool to have. If you do go with HMA, their London and Hampshire-Gosport servers are the best.

There are other solutions as well, but they're a bit convoluted for just occasional use.

Ray

Back