• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Betfair XML Feed

jrob09

Filly
I am currently looking to monitor some set selections for price movement, its similar to the betmover type of logging and I am only using it to see if there are any movement patterns for some daily pre-selected selections. I work with another guy who helps me with excel trigger development and he has suggested using betfair xml feeds to pull the data in with. I havent used this method before and I wanted to check out what the overheads are with using this type of method I.E betfair data charges etc. Has anyone used betfair feeds before?

Cheers
Jrob

Don't know what you mean about the XML feed, but Betfair's API data charges are laid out here:

Code:
http://www.betfair.com/aboutUs/Betfair.Charges/

if betfair find out that you are collecting data they will get very shirty and close your api account if you use that.
you are allowed 20 refreshes per second before any charges, after that then they will charge you

mcbee said:
if betfair find out that you are collecting data they will get very shirty and close your api account if you use that.
you are allowed 20 refreshes per second before any charges, after that then they will charge you

Hi Mcbee,
I am not fully certain however the way the developer explained it to me is that the xml feed doesnt require any authenication i.e I dont need to be logged into gruss to run the bot. I can confirm that I have tried it without gruss running and it has pull in the data, however I personally dont want to just rely on his take of things as they could easily track my ipaddress and associated betfair account and close me down.

hmmm. :think:

Jrob

I believe that if you 'abuse' the feed they will just block your IP from having access to the xml feed.

Also take a look here for more info
Code:
http://forum.punterslounge.com/threads/30348-XML-Odds-feed

Back