• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

AW system

Hi everyone,
First post here. Looking forward to interacting with you all. I'm testing a new system and if anybody wants to check progress with me for a little while they're welcome to. It's based on a few different criteria, but ultimately looking to find horses best suited to the AW track they're racing on.

My record so far is based on multiple runners (the system generates quite a few), but in my sharing here I'll discount them, so assume considerably fewer bets than shown in my figures below but hopefully a higher SR and ROI. All records are to SP, so in practice I'd expect to do better to BSP. I've assumed £10 stakes, all at 1pt win.

Chelmsford: 33 bets, 5 wins, a loss of £16.30 ROI of -5%
Dundalk: 24 bets, 6 wins, a profit of £420, ROI of 176%
Kempton: 33 bets, 7 wins, a loss of £22.40, ROI of -7%
Lingfield: 39 bets, 9 wins, a profit of £230, ROI of 49%
Southwell: 48 bets, 11 wins, a profit of £350, ROI of 73%
Wolves, 102 bets, 21 wins, a profit of £888, ROI of 87%

Together, it's a SR of about 20%, and considerable profit so far. Odds of between 3/1 and 33/1. I'll group results together rather than breaking down by track. No qualifiers tomorrow.

Good luck with this thread 🙂 I am not sure what you mean when you say ”but n my sharing here I’ll discount them “ with such a good strike rate and profit could you not just use the raw data your system throws up.?

I could, but HRB allows me to see how it performs without duplicates (just not to save the system without them). It performs much better (both for SR and ROI). Sometimes it's 3 selections in the same race, which is too many for me.

After yesterday's very helpful discussion elsewhere on the forum about better backtesting, I've made some adjustments so it's hopefully not doing as much past cherry picking. Still could easily be happening, of course. Hence the testing!

One qualifier today.
Lingfield - 15:50 - Bird To Love

Interestingly, Ivaquestion also qualified later this evening but was one of two so was discounted. It's Hugh Taylor's tip with ATR.

Back