• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Auto Profit Soccer

Haha, us too Delboy99 Delboy99 ;)
I have never been able to figure out your loss recovery.

Initial target win is 3.17 on bet one, then bet two recovers loss plus a target profit of 2.37 (why not 3.17 again?) and then you throw the "delta" into the mix and I have no idea what is happening.

That's why I largely ignore the profit/loss on threads unless I'm looking at level stakes.
Once you get into staking plans the math and reasoning behind it goes over my head quickly.
As long as the method of selection is sound, the profits should follow, no matter how you calculate them.

.... it never was my intention to mislead or deceive, i honestly thought that I was taking care of the first loss in the recovery bet, but the more I am looking at it, the more I am beginning to come back into line. the only way the recovery bet looks useful is if it wins, but it looks to cost you more in the outlay. Think I may go back to the old way , one bet - one win or lose. Starting in the next one I place. Apologies for misleading everyone, a genuine mistake on my part. ;)

the only way the recovery bet looks useful is if it wins, but it looks to cost you more in the outlay.

Yes, however ... a lot of your second bets do win. So it may be the correct way for you to do it. Only you know the answer to that one.
Loss recovery is brutal and ramps up very quickly, especially at this end of the market.

e.g @ 1.5 odds.

Bet One $6 to win $3 - loss of $6
Bet Two $18 to win $9 (initial $6 loss + $3 profit)

If bet two loses, you are now faced with taking the $24 loss ... or

Bet 3 - $54 to win $27 (24 loss from first two bets + $3 profit)
So in effect you are now betting $54 in order to win $3 .. the rest is recovery.

If bet three loses, you are now sweating and looking for a way out. ;)

With straight bets, as long as you are winning 66% or more at average odds of 1.5, you are laughing, and you can increase your stakes a little if that is the case, as you no longer have to worry about losing multiple legs in a row.

That is the beauty of the game though, some will want the lower risk and will grind it out, others are ok with the quick chase. We all do it differently.

Your selections are the most interesting part of the process, the book-keeping is always nice to have, but the majority of people on here do not post a profit/loss along with selections. I'm much happier on the horses betting 6/1 - 16/1 shots and taking longer losing runs. The shorter prices mean you need a huge strike rate and a big turnover to grind out a profit, but it can be done and indeed i'm sure there are a few on here who are doing it that way. Good luck to anyone posting, we all approach the game in our own way, that's what keeps it fresh and interesting.

You have livened up the forums with football and snooker and i'm sure nobody thinks you were miscalculating for nefarious reasons, Keep on doing what you are doing, i've been on lots of forums for lots of years and you are one of the good guys.

There are not too many of them around.

:)

You have livened up the forums with football and snooker and i'm sure nobody thinks you were miscalculating for nefarious reasons, Keep on doing what you are doing, i've been on lots of forums for lots of years and you are one of the good guys.
Absolutely.....and absolutely not. And absolutely!! :D

All it came down to for me was the Bank wasn't reflecting the outgoing ( 1st leg loss ). If you can get away with recovery staking then good, but I don't think long term you will, even if you stop after the 2nd leg loss.

Keeping a P/L is always a positive for me, good selections overall obviously needed......talking about your selections.....well, I fail there on the whole but that can be a 'time element', so I don't feel that bad about it.

As you were Delboy99 Delboy99 ......keep picking them, don't mind me.

..... so for Monday we have a selection from the Spanish Second Division:-
GIRONA v Alcorcon Home Win @ odds 2.06 Kick Off 21.00pm.
Target Profit £3.17 Delta £2.00 Stake £2.99.
This will be the first leg of the 37th in the series and we look for the winner again.;)
.... another winner tonight and a decent price too at 2.06. Girona won 1-0 so we pocket the £3.17 to make our total £66.79 - £4.66 leg 1 series 31 + £3.17 tonight = £65.30. Think this corrects the loss talked about earlier and the error in deductions etc. I have decided to carry on with the two legs but will count any loss on leg 1 in totals. Sorry for any confusion and we now move on to Tuesday. ;)

.... OK so for Tuesday we have a selection from the Irish Premiership:-
PORTADOWN v Dungannon S Home Win @ odds 1.59 kick off 19.45pm.
Target Profit £3.17 Delta £2.00 Stake £5.37.
This will be leg 1 38th in the series and we look again for the win.;)

.... OK so for Tuesday we have a selection from the Irish Premiership:-
PORTADOWN v Dungannon S Home Win @ odds 1.59 kick off 19.45pm.
Target Profit £3.17 Delta £2.00 Stake £5.37.
This will be leg 1 38th in the series and we look again for the win.;)
..... the Irish did it for us again tonight with a solid looking 4-2 win. We bank the £3.17 and our total increases to £68.47. We move on to Wednesday and we have this action outlined below. ;)

..... so for Wednesday we have action from the Japanese J League:-
NAGOYA v Sendai Home Win @ odds 1.63 Kick Off 11.00am.
Target Profit £3.17 Delta £2.00 Stake £5.03.
This covers the first leg of the 39th in the current series and we look for the win again.;)

..... so for Wednesday we have action from the Japanese J League:-
NAGOYA v Sendai Home Win @ odds 1.63 Kick Off 11.00am.
Target Profit £3.17 Delta £2.00 Stake £5.03.
This covers the first leg of the 39th in the current series and we look for the win again.;)
..... well the Japanese selection proved to be not so good as Nagoya went down by 0-1. So the first leg failed and we look to the second leg Thursday to recover any losses. Will be taking care of this loss should the second leg fail later. ;)

.... OK for Thursday we go for a selection out of the Norway Elite League:-
MOLDE v Vaalekenga Home Win @ odds 1.85 Kick Off 20.00pm.
Target Profit £8.48 Delta £2.00 Stake £9.97.
This is leg 2 of of the 39th in the series and we are looking for the win again. ;)

..... another poorish night when Molde gave up the ghost and lost our second leg by 2-3.
So this is the second loss incurred in the 39th bet of the series. So we lost £5.03 leg 1 and £9.97 leg 2 = £15.00 which lowers our total to £53.47 overall. We take the hit and move on to Friday. ;)

..... so for Friday we have a selection from the Irish Division 1:-
CABINEELY v Wexford FC Home Win @ odds 1.67 kick off 17.45pm.
We look for the win in leg 1 of series 40..
Target Profit £3.17 Delta £2.00 Stake £4.73.;)
.... going through a tougher spell as Cabineely lost 0-2 and our first leg went down, I was feeling off colour so no bet for Saturday and we move on to Sunday which is covered below.;)

..... OK for Monday despite my soggy nose I have a selection from Major League Soccer:-
SEATTLE S v Austin FC Home Win @ odds 1.61 kick off 02.30am nice and early!
Target Profit £7.10 Delta £2 Stake £ 11.65.
Hoping for the win in this second 40th leg.:)

..... OK for Monday despite my soggy nose I have a selection from Major League Soccer:-
SEATTLE S v Austin FC Home Win @ odds 1.61 kick off 02.30am nice and early!
Target Profit £7.10 Delta £2 Stake £ 11.65.
Hoping for the win in this second 40th leg.:)
.... really good to see you two gents stringing along with your support, missed a couple of days with this Summer cold. :)

.... really good to see you two gents stringing along with your support, missed a couple of days with this Summer cold. :)
..... another poor effort as we went down for the second time when our second leg selection Seattle Sounders failed to deliver and were held to a 0-0 draw. So our balance goes sliding down again and is now £37.09. We take it on the chin and move on to tuesday. :)

Back