• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Asianconnect88 stole my money, any help and advice appreciated

NatalyaU

Hello,

I have been reading a lot on this website for years, but as I have never felt a need to write anything, I have not made an account before recently.

There is an issue which has been eating me the last few weeks. As I am very unsure, I am essentially seeking advice regarding what to do.

I have been a customer of Asianconnect88 for about 1.5 years. I have been betting with PS3838, which is a Pinnacle clone and a part of Asianconnect88. My deposits exceed 42 000 EUR and I have withdrawn some 20 000 EUR. As my current balance is 0, it means that I have made a net loss of 22 000 EUR.

Some weeks ago Asianconnect88 voided a winning bet without providing me any proper reason for why it was voided. The only thing mentioned was that the bets had been placed in a fraudulent manner.

The bets in question were placed on March 15, 2023. I placed several bets on a Biathlon World Cup event, the men’s 10 Km sprint race in Canmore.

Some of my bets were for David Komatz to beat Adam Runnalls.

As you can see on the official result page:

International Biathlon Union - Race results for Men 10 km Sprint at Canmore Nordic Centre

David Komatz finished 40th with a result of 26:33.3 and Adam Runnalls finished 41st with the result of 26:33.7.

Initially I thought that when Asianconnect88 wrote about bets having been placed in a fraudulent manner, they meant to say that the results had been somehow rigged or fixed.

However the fact that this was an interval start race and my bet won by just 4 tenths of a second means that it was impossible to know the outcome in advance. Essentially the result is far too close to have been rigged. It was impossible to know who won until the clock stopped when Komatz finished his race.

When I brought this to the attention of Asianconnect88 support, as I was trying to solve the issue, they started writing that I was betting as part of a group and about line manipulations.

I was shocked by this reply for a number of reasons.

First and foremost simply because I do not bet as part of a group and I have never engaged in line manipulations.

Secondly because I cannot understand why they suspect line manipulations for this H2H. I have googled extensively to understand what they meant by line manipulations and have learned that this seems to have been an issue for years and that I am far from the first customer who has had bets voided and been accused of this (line manipulation). I was placing the same bet with other bookies in addition to Ps3838 at similar odds. There were some 12-20 hours between my first and last bet for Komatz. The odds did not move a lot at any point, not with Ps3838 or any other bookmaker I was paying attention to. For me it seems obvious that somewhat large odds movements during the lifetime of a betting market is a necessity to make any reasonable claim of line manipulation. If the odds did not move a lot at any point, how can the odds have been manipulated?

Thirdly, my account must be one of the least likely suspects possible for betting as a group and line manipulation. I have lost more than half of my deposits. Best guess my payback percentage is between 86 and 94. I have been placing bets for some 4-5 different sports (Football, Basketball and Winter Sports) and I suspect I am not much better than break-even with any of them. I think it is a reasonable assumption that most people placing fraudulent bets are able to do better than making large net losses…

Fourthly, I am still able to place bets on my account. The account has not been closed for betting. It should be obvious that if they really seriously believe that they have identified a customer who is betting as part of a group, who is manipulating lines and placing bets in a fraudulent manner, that they would make sure that this customer is unable to place bets going forward.

The very fact that I am still welcome to keep placing bets with them, should make it obvious that they are not serious about their allegations, but have rather just stolen my money and made up the reasons as to why.

To sum up, it is IMO obvious that Asianconnect88 are making bogus allegations and have just stolen my money. My problem is that even as the matter should be easy to see for what it is for any unbiased arbiter, I am not sure how to proceed.

I am considering lodging a complaint with the Curacao Gaming Board, however it seems that most knowledgeable punters consider them a cartoon gaming board ….

I am also posting this to make sure that the users of the forum are aware that Asianconnect are using their rules in clearly inappropriate ways to steal customer’s funds.

So in summary you are still continuing to place bets with a company that allows you to lose 20,000euro then voids a winning bet for no reasonable reason, I can tell from your post you are very intelligent person, it is very well written. Surely by now your internal sirens are going off ?
The Curacao Gaming board sounds like a beacon of hope, not.

Asianconnect is a pinnacle shell that generally allows people who cannot legally bet with pinnacle to bet with them via a semi-shady offshore bookmaker that don't have too many rules and regulations to protect punters.

No one here can help you. Going to the licencing provider in Curacao is your only option for resolution, however it's unlikely that any ruling would be in your favor.

What country are you in and why are you playing with asianconnect rather than with pinnacle direct. ?

Thanks for the kind words, Outlander. Very much needed as the situation I am in makes me feel proper stupid.

Yes, my internal sirens are in deed chiming loudly.

What happened was that I initially thought it was some kind of misunderstanding and I kept on betting as normal with Asianconnect the next 3-4 days, while I was communicating with them and fully expecting them to re-result the bet as won.

When it dawned on me that it was not some silly mistake and that they actually had no intention of re-resulting the bet, I withdrew my full balance. However, as the marketing mails from Asianconnect kept on coming, I decided to check if my account was still open for betting. I recently deposited 50 EUR and placed a bet, just to get it confirmed that they are accusing me of placing fraudulent bets and manipulating markets, yet I am more than welcome to keep on betting with them.

For me the fact that my account has not been closed shows that their allegations are not at all serious. If they really truly believed I am guilty of what they are charging me of, they would owe it to other stake holders (customers, other betting companies etc) to close my account to make sure I would not keep on doing this.

I fully agree that the Curacao Gaming Board is far from a beacon of hope. I just don't have any better ideas regarding where I can possibly turn. This is part of the reason I am writing on this forum, seeking advise ;)

Furthermore, I think it makes good sense to give the Curacao Gaming Board the benefit of doubt. Who knows maybe they will do the right thing.

Pete, I agree with your description of Asianconnect. I am based in Latvia. There are two reasons why I have used Asianconnect and not just Pinnacle.

1) Latvia is IP-blocking betting companies not licensed in Latvia. Neither Pinnacle nor Asianconnect has a Latvian licensed. However I found it is much easier to bypass the IP-blocking with Asianconnect than Pinnacle. This is likely because Pinnacle is a larger operator and Asianconnect gets much less attention from Latvian authorities.

It is possible to access and bet with Pinnacle as well, I just find I need to jump through more hoops to bet with Pinnacle.

2) Asianconnect also gave me access to more products like a betting exchange. This was convenient as I did not have to spread the bankroll on multiple websites. For maximum clarity I have net loss in excess of 20 000 EUR betting with Ps3838.

With the benefit of hindsight I can easily agree it was unwise not to stay with Pinnacle, but I am not in a position to change it now.

During the conflict resolution process run by the Curacao Gaming Board, Asianconnect have written the following:

"We asked for evidence from our upline PS3838 on how you commit manipulation as stated below.

They are working with other accounts in the system to manipulate our lines. They will push an early/weak line repeatedly, far beyond a reasonable number of bets on a match like this with one account. Then they will play the other side using other accounts at inflated odds"

The above is simply not true. I am not manipulating lines, I am not betting as part of a group. My average odds betting Komatz with Asianconnect is more or less identical to my average odds betting with other bookmakers. It is also rather similar to both Asianconnect's and bet365's opening odds.

I know for a fact that their allegation that I bet some wildly inflated odds is a pure lie. My problem is just that I am not in a position to provide proof that I was not.

For me the process is completely backwards, it should not be on me to prove my innocence, but rather for Asianconnect to prove my guilt, still I am afraid that unless I can somehow prove that what they are claiming is pure lies, I will not have much of a chance with the gaming board.

This is obviously an insane long shot, but if anyone on this forum has access to the Pinnacle odds feed (API) and have stored the odds for this Biathlon race, I would be very grateful if you could provide it to me.

Biathlon
World Cup
Canmore
Men's Sprint
H2H Komatz Vs Runnalls

Thanks for the kind words, Outlander. Very much needed as the situation I am in makes me feel proper stupid.

Yes, my internal sirens are in deed chiming loudly.

What happened was that I initially thought it was some kind of misunderstanding and I kept on betting as normal with Asianconnect the next 3-4 days, while I was communicating with them and fully expecting them to re-result the bet as won.

When it dawned on me that it was not some silly mistake and that they actually had no intention of re-resulting the bet, I withdrew my full balance. However, as the marketing mails from Asianconnect kept on coming, I decided to check if my account was still open for betting. I recently deposited 50 EUR and placed a bet, just to get it confirmed that they are accusing me of placing fraudulent bets and manipulating markets, yet I am more than welcome to keep on betting with them.

For me the fact that my account has not been closed shows that their allegations are not at all serious. If they really truly believed I am guilty of what they are charging me of, they would owe it to other stake holders (customers, other betting companies etc) to close my account to make sure I would not keep on doing this.

I fully agree that the Curacao Gaming Board is far from a beacon of hope. I just don't have any better ideas regarding where I can possibly turn. This is part of the reason I am writing on this forum, seeking advise ;)

Furthermore, I think it makes good sense to give the Curacao Gaming Board the benefit of doubt. Who knows maybe they will do the right thing.

Pete, I agree with your description of Asianconnect. I am based in Latvia. There are two reasons why I have used Asianconnect and not just Pinnacle.

1) Latvia is IP-blocking betting companies not licensed in Latvia. Neither Pinnacle nor Asianconnect has a Latvian licensed. However I found it is much easier to bypass the IP-blocking with Asianconnect than Pinnacle. This is likely because Pinnacle is a larger operator and Asianconnect gets much less attention from Latvian authorities.

It is possible to access and bet with Pinnacle as well, I just find I need to jump through more hoops to bet with Pinnacle.

2) Asianconnect also gave me access to more products like a betting exchange. This was convenient as I did not have to spread the bankroll on multiple websites. For maximum clarity I have net loss in excess of 20 000 EUR betting with Ps3838.

With the benefit of hindsight I can easily agree it was unwise not to stay with Pinnacle, but I am not in a position to change it now.

During the conflict resolution process run by the Curacao Gaming Board, Asianconnect have written the following:

"We asked for evidence from our upline PS3838 on how you commit manipulation as stated below.

They are working with other accounts in the system to manipulate our lines. They will push an early/weak line repeatedly, far beyond a reasonable number of bets on a match like this with one account. Then they will play the other side using other accounts at inflated odds"

The above is simply not true. I am not manipulating lines, I am not betting as part of a group. My average odds betting Komatz with Asianconnect is more or less identical to my average odds betting with other bookmakers. It is also rather similar to both Asianconnect's and bet365's opening odds.

I know for a fact that their allegation that I bet some wildly inflated odds is a pure lie. My problem is just that I am not in a position to provide proof that I was not.

For me the process is completely backwards, it should not be on me to prove my innocence, but rather for Asianconnect to prove my guilt, still I am afraid that unless I can somehow prove that what they are claiming is pure lies, I will not have much of a chance with the gaming board.

This is obviously an insane long shot, but if anyone on this forum has access to the Pinnacle odds feed (API) and have stored the odds for this Biathlon race, I would be very grateful if you could provide it to me.

Biathlon
World Cup
Canmore
Men's Sprint
H2H Komatz Vs Runnalls
This is the same story time and time again , with the supposedly trustworthy betting companies in the U.K. , they used this nonsense to restrict and ban customers who flagged as odds intelligent and accused them of arbing which I assume is the same as their market manipulation excuse.
Anyone who knows anything about Biathlon knows you can’t fix a staggered start result to within 0.4 secs, so it is without question the result is fair.
You could be manipulating weak markets and losing 20,000 eur with one platform and winning 30,000 eur on another, I don’t know what you are doing , but I know just having no problem when you lose 20,000 but then throwing their toys out of the pram when you win is alarming.
They can clearly just help themselves to your losses and void your winning bets when they feel like it, it confirms everything I already know about modern betting.
I’m pretty sure if you were manipulating markets or arbing then you were also doing this when you lost the 20,000 with them , they didn’t consider voiding any of those bets.

This is the same story time and time again , with the supposedly trustworthy betting companies in the U.K. , they used this nonsense to restrict and ban customers who flagged as odds intelligent and accused them of arbing which I assume is the same as their market manipulation excuse.
Anyone who knows anything about Biathlon knows you can’t fix a staggered start result to within 0.4 secs, so it is without question the result is fair.
You could be manipulating weak markets and losing 20,000 eur with one platform and winning 30,000 eur on another, I don’t know what you are doing , but I know just having no problem when you lose 20,000 but then throwing their toys out of the pram when you win is alarming.
They can clearly just help themselves to your losses and void your winning bets when they feel like it, it confirms everything I already know about modern betting.
I’m pretty sure if you were manipulating markets or arbing then you were also doing this when you lost the 20,000 with them , they didn’t consider voiding any of those bets.
I am using crypto blockchain sportbooks these days no KYC and no restrictions

Back