• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Are you a Lurker?

I read it as hinting which is a grey area. :) Perhaps starting the post by saying although i did not back it i noticed that..........

mick mick.

I was unable to say that I did not back both of the trainers horses, that would not be the truth.

Attachments

• Wolvs 100.PNG
    Wolvs 100.PNG
    2.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Wolvs bet.PNG
    Wolvs bet.PNG
    2.6 KB · Views: 14
Chesham Chesham
I don't believe this is a clear case of after timing indeed I have done similar in siting Our Duke and stradivarius elsewhere but I have also put horses up before the race, there might be the difference.

WE SHALL SEE!
Chesham Chesham.

I assure you and others that was not my intention.

mlmrob mlmrob.

Your observation is to the point and in my view valid. It is not worth following blindly. However, there are times when it is worth further study.

Quote Orion “In the first race at Wolvs yesterday an apprentice race. I wondered as to why one trainer had two top apprentices booked to ride her mounts, it could have paid dividends. This is one area where good priced winners can be found.”

He insinuates that he looked before the race that the Trainer had booked two apprentices It could have paid dividends, suggesting that he had backed the horse.

One minute he only backs in Listed and Grp races and on Saturday after piling into one of his Pre Race Selections, then states after the race that he is hopeless at Handicaps. Next minute he is claiming tomhave explored Pre Race a Class 6 Apprentice Handicap on the AW

Sorry but to many of us this is someone who has not yet been able to demonstrate Pre Race, but then tries with an after time. We do discuss these type of posts away from the OS and believe me it has not given a favourable impression.

I am really not interested in your "away" discussions. Oh for the record I also trade. We each have our little Quirks, yourself included.

Then with respect there was no reason why you could not have said that you where backing them and why pre race.?

mick mick. It was not until literally seconds before the race that I noticed, otherwise I may have posted it was strange what the trainer had done.

Last edited by a moderator:
mick mick.

lol, no wonder. Sorry mick, I actually meant just before the off, it was literally seconds.

Hi OnTheNod OnTheNod.
I used to subscribe to HRB up until around 2 years ago, it took me about a month to get the general gist of things. As time went on I realised that it was taking far too much of my time, it is so easy to get embroiled in what you are doing with it, before you know it is 06.00 in the morning two or three day a week.

I think that what Chesham Chesham is doing in regards guiding others through step by step is worthy and a selfless task, it will certainly help speed things up for you and others, but if in the end you find something (which I hope you do) of use then it shall all be worthwhile.

Regards
Orion

Hi OnTheNod OnTheNod.
I used to subscribe to HRB up until around 2 years ago, it took me about a month to get the general gist of things. As time went on I realised that it was taking far too much of my time, it is so easy to get embroiled in what you are doing with it, before you know it is 06.00 in the morning two or three day a week.

I think that what Chesham Chesham is doing in regards guiding others through step by step is worthy and a selfless task, it will certainly help speed things up for you and others, but if in the end you find something (which I hope you do) of use then it shall all be worthwhile.

Regards
Orion

Hi @Orion from what i can tell i think Chesham and Rob use it to focus in on a race more once they have found a selection in a race, to just finalise their chances from the intial form, breeding, or other methods of finding a selection more than making up pure systems.

Last edited:
Hi @Orion from what i can tell i think Chesham and Rob, use it to focus in on race more once they have found a selection in a race to just finalise their chances, form the intial form, breeding, or other methods of finding a selection more than making up pure systems.

HRB improves all the Time, when I posted this VDW - Just a few thoughts VDW or otherwise. it was a question of researching how prep races worked out. With a recent edition to HRB the NTO form of the better class races can be researched and a note made to follow either Winners, first 3 or first five

The Race I mention in the Post link, can now be researched quite quickly to see how reliable the NTO form is likely to be

FFF90E4E-B70B-44AB-8BBC-B4605D090EC4.jpeg

There are so many different angles with HRB to aid form study

Also there are races where themform does not seem to work out NTO

This Race was run on Saturday just gone and the Form has not worked out well in recent years (You could use these to find lay bets)

A5920DCE-5FB3-4DEA-B267-A6237C0AFB80.jpeg

OnTheNod OnTheNod.

It is a shame that I am unable to PM you as I have something that would cheer you up no end.

Chesham Chesham.

It sure can be. Same as the phones and doorbell. :headbang:

M ine are off every afternoon.

For some reason mine is not available.

OnTheNod OnTheNod.

I am unable to send anything unless I receive one first. Go on you know you want to, lol.

OnTheNod OnTheNod.

Know what you mean, but it had nothing to do with racing. It was something really funny that I know would put the smile back. Never mind.

Back