• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

anyone remember ?

• Thread starter I wanted to be deleted
  • Start date
lastly, same as first file...bare results....but now..restricted to horses placed 1-4 lto

Attachments

• price diff- june-1-2000-june-1-2003-UK Hcaps-3yo and above- plc 1-4 lto.txt
    5.1 KB · Views: 5
yes hedgehog, it does sort of form a "natural distribution" curve......of sorts ( which is what gives the game away that the distribution is genuine, in my view)

shame about your tablet, the data is only 10 columns wide, though a far few characters

Pitamatic, thanks for the data you supplied, im still perusing it, thought it was going to be a simple "a ha ! " moment,

alas.....not to be !

Hi @rave154

We use a formula on the Class Ratings Sheet to give each horse a performance figure, based on the SP (Not Ranked on the SP ranking, but the Probability that SP predicted a finishing place according to the number of runners in the race. The number of runners in a race is important as a 5/2 in a 4 Runner Race will not score as a high a figure for a 5/2 in a 8 Runner Race.

We use a similar formula for Trainer Ratings and Jockey Ratings

See VDW - hedgehog/stubble - trying to get lucky

Last edited:
that makes a lot of sense Chesham !!

i harbour a feeling though, that vdw boiled things down to its simplest state,

im going to have to ponder !!!!!!!

that makes a lot of sense Chesham !!

i harbour a feeling though, that vdw boiled things down to its simplest state,

im going to have to ponder !!!!!!!

There were quite a few mentions of True Forecast Favourite being a valid favourite or not

i quote.....

"..and Strombolus won 7/1 in the whitbread Gold Cup at Sandown.

Again "it is interesting" ( my quotes there for that phrase that i AM SURE vdw used when he said "sometimes things were conveyed
in such a way as many readers passed over them thinking they were of little significance, although in fact they were )...

it is interesting that Strombolus DID NOT (my caps) feature in the first six in my daily"......ie........ he was a HIGH FORCAST.....but came DOWN
in the actual betting!!

HRB have a short cut to monitor horses who have shortend Odds compared to their LTO Odds

My two sole bets today, given Pre Race

CDL was a Pedigree Handicap Selection And Volatile was a Lee Type . Both were very much shorter odds today than LTO.

A805C1DD-2B5A-4582-A6A8-3EBBBC0852D4.jpeg

Back