• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Alternative BTTS - Value Method.

..... not officially back yet but these Over 2.50 goals look quite decent for tonight:-
PSV
Den Haag
Sittard
Beerschot
Just for mention purposes. ;)

Last edited:
.... I thought that PSV looking at the stats, were one start for over 2.50 goals with the Den Haag match stats not that far behind. So the four shadow games I highlighted above were decent end results except for the Sittard match which ended disappointingly at 0-1. So overall had we been using the Alternative BTTS system, we would have had 2 over 2.50 goals correct with a 1-1 BTTS correct, so we could be looking to be back in business prior to our layoff. Back tomorrow with some shadow ones prior to recommencement of the system. ;)

..... unofficially I like the following for Friday Over 2.50 goals. Maybe start at the weekend with a more serious run and bring back the paper trial system.
Wurzburger Kickers v Braunschweig.
Montpellier v Monaco.
Lazio v Roma.
Cheers. ;)

.... I forgot to post my findings for today's Over 2.50 goals if the Alternate BTTS system was used. Just to keep you in touch, there were four selections, 1 lost 2-0, 1 was 1-1 so would have come through on the savers. The other 2 were 3-0 and 2-3 so would have been OK for the overs. So I am feeling reasonably happy with the way the new selection process is coming along, so will venture into these pastures once again possibly over the weekend sometime. ;)

..... unofficially I like the following for Friday Over 2.50 goals. Maybe start at the weekend with a more serious run and bring back the paper trial system.
Wurzburger Kickers v Braunschweig.
Montpellier v Monaco.
Lazio v Roma.
Cheers. ;)
Hi Dellboy, I have been having a look at your strategy and am impressed. As you are aware my strategy is similar although I use BTTS within the system and record the C/S for interest.

I find the temptation to adjust the selection process when suffering a downturn in fortunes difficult to resist but as yet havn't succumbed.
I noticed you set out how your system worked in your introduction and wondered how you personally see the system working. Would you trade your selections or set it up as a bet and let run?

I paper traded my strategy for a initially and everything was hunky dory with it showing a good ROI and lots of profits but once real money was involved for the second season I immediately dropped my £10 per bet stake to something more comfortable, £5, and 2 matches down I broke into a sweat and immediately started questioning my Strategy which had been prolific on paper. A Strategy is not a strategy until there's some cash in the game until then its just an idea a well known Trader once told me and how right he was.

I have a proposition, take a look at your results throughout this thread and if you are confident in your selection process I will back your selections with cash. I will keep records for the next 3 Months. I am always supportive of guys with ideas and respect the fact you are testing your strategy publicly, not easy.I know. I won't hold you responsible for any losses but I feel there won't be any because initially you were focused and showed the selections were profitable.
Knowing someone is trusting your selections will focus you and your results will pick up to the point you have trust in your process. If it all goes Tits up I will lose a few quid so be it!

I will use a 4% staking plan which is how I stake my strategy.IE: If I show a profit on a Saturday I up the stakes for Sunday to 4% of the new bank, If I show a loss the same applies.

I will only back one market! Whichever market you feel the selection is most likely to win. All you need to do is give me solid selections using your process. I will start with £100 bank and stake £4.00 on the first days selections and from there follow the staking plan. If the stake required falls below £2,00 I will pull the plug and analyse the results.

This isn;t me challenging you or swinging my dick about my strategy, I see your selection process as strong and would like to prove it to you.

Who knows I might need your strategy if mine goes belly up!

Cheers
AC.

Hi Dellboy, I have been having a look at your strategy and am impressed.
.... hello there young fella, very surprised, but very pleased that you have ventured out from your own thread, great to have you here and hope that together we can go forward with some rewarding strategies. I can understand you frustrations at times with your desire to alter your strategy when things begin to go pearshaped, it happened with the current strategy when we first started out we could do no wrong and then came the downward slide and I had to look at the selection process as that is where I felt the fault actually lay. I have since tightened up and think that I have a better selection system all round. I am not a born Trader so as far as trading goes I keep away and keep my strategy simple. No trading whatsoever, just a straightforward bet and leave be it good bad or downright ugly. Your strategy is very similar, whereas you back BTTS I back a small saver on the 1-1 draw. I reasoned this to be a decent enough bet as at odds at around 7.00-7.20 backing Over 2.50 goals for £5 and the 1-1 at £1, one could get the overall stake back if the overs does not work out, with a small profit also, so compensates those times when the overs does not quite make it, Also if the overs is successful, then there is only £1 lost on the 1-1 going down. Two chances for £6 and much better odds than BTTS. Of course you are at liberty to choose which direction you wish to go, the choice is solely yours, I shall be returning with this strategy very shortly, but we must all bear in mind that the selection method is still in its infancy and is just as liable as anything to deviate and crash, so if this happens then I will be looking as always to stack up the engine and look for reasons. Good hunting, whatever you care to choose, and I will be looking in as always to see how things are going with yours. If you want to discuss anything I am only a PM away to discuss ideas. Cheers. ;)

.... although not yet official, I like the look of these for the Overs tomorrow :-
Torino v Spezia
Sampdoria v Udinese
Vizela v Penafiel.
Will be interesting to see how they fare. ;)

Hello there, nothing like getting out of your own online orafice and visiting a fellow orafice dweller. I like all three of your selections and they all made it to my shortlist before they were culled at the final checkpoint. Except for Sampdoria of course. That gave me an idea as far as data was concerned I have been concentrating on recording only those that fit my strategy strictly. I am going to start recording those which are on my shortlist and see if the results are any better. However I will stick with it as is until the Bank runs out. I will back yours starting tomorrow and see how we go. Good Luck to us😊Going back to my own Orafice now, TaTa.

Hi Guys,

So my bets are on !

16-Jan-21
Vizela
Over 2.5 Goals - Over/Under 2.5 Goals
Betfair Bet ID 1:221812988282 | Matched: 16-Jan-21 03:41:05Back 2.12 2.00----
Vizela
Matched16-Jan-21
Betfair Bet ID 1:221812976769 | Matched: 16-Jan-21 03:40:48Back 2.12 2.00----
Torino
Matched16-Jan-21
Betfair Bet ID 1:221812926599 | Matched: 16-Jan-21 03:39:32Back 1.94 4.00----
Sampdoria
Matched16-Jan-2
Betfair Bet ID 1:221812914237 | Matched: 16-Jan-21 03:39:10Back 2.04 4.00----
Matched

Cheers
AC

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

So my bets are on !

16-Jan-21

Betfair Bet ID 1:221812988282 | Matched: 16-Jan-21 03:41:05Back 2.12 2.00----
Matched16-Jan-21
Betfair Bet ID 1:221812976769 | Matched: 16-Jan-21 03:40:48Back 2.12 2.00----
Matched16-Jan-21
Betfair Bet ID 1:221812926599 | Matched: 16-Jan-21 03:39:32Back 1.94 4.00----
Matched16-Jan-2
Betfair Bet ID 1:221812914237 | Matched: 16-Jan-21 03:39:10Back 2.04 4.00----
Matched

Cheers
AC
..... there does not appear to be any teams named here. Obviously missed from the data. ;)

Last edited:
.... well no too bad again, looks like there is some merit in the new selection method with 2 wins from the 3 I actually selected above. I chopped two selections off too, to make it more viable and guess what ......... they won too! Stuttgart and Sparta Rotterdam were the ones I left out, so it could have been 4 correct from five selections. I will perhaps start the paper trial again tomorrow Sunday. ;)

.... OK here we go with the first of the new upgraded system:-
Liverpool v Manchester U
Bayern Munich v Freiberg
Venlo v Heerenveen
Inter Milan v Juventus.
Paper backing Over 2.50 goals £5 and the saver on each £1 1-1.
Just to give some scope I will start with a paper bank of £100. ;)

Hi Delboy,

Very promising start. Shall back them as per my staking system in the morning!

Cheers
AC.
.... only sorry I cut those two out to keep it reasonable. Torino was a disappointing result, it had the makings on paper of a high scoring match. ;)

Back