• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

Alternative BTTS - Value Method.

.... and just the one selection for Sunday which is for the Turkey League 1:-
Boluspor v Bandirmaspor kick off 10.30am.
Backed at over 2.50 goals and 1-1.
Looking for more of the same.;)

the stats not necessarily optimistic for this pick - both teams average less than 70% in over 1.5 goals per game... but then again this year hasn't really been one for convention... fingers are crossed for you.
Giresunspor v Adana Demirspor might be a better pick ? Both teams average 2.5 goals or over in their respective H/A records, and have a better combined record with the over 1.5 goal averages ? Both have market odds over 2.0 so an even-ish match on ? But it's 4th v 5th, so my worry is that they may cancel each other out ?

1607851458936.png

.... and just the one selection for Sunday which is for the Turkey League 1:-
Boluspor v Bandirmaspor kick off 10.30am.
Looking for more of the same.;)
Unlucky Delboy99 Delboy99 ... with 2 teams in the bottom half of the table, it looked like a tough ask to get a result with in this system.
Just a suggestion, but if you are coming up with 3-4 picks per day, it might be worth seeing what each team's goal-scoring records are like after your initial selection process - might just improve the results for you. Maybe double-checking with a statistic site like Soccervista (which is where I got the above table from) - you can then see straight away what each team's home and away goal records are. I personally would also avoid 2 teams playing each other if they are in the bottom third of the table... they are there because they don't score many goals ?

Unlucky Delboy99 Delboy99 ... with 2 teams in the bottom half of the table, it looked like a tough ask to get a result with in this system.
Just a suggestion, but if you are coming up with 3-4 picks per day, it might be worth seeing what each team's goal-scoring records are like after your initial selection process - might just improve the results for you. Maybe double-checking with a statistic site like Soccervista (which is where I got the above table from) - you can then see straight away what each team's home and away goal records are. I personally would also avoid 2 teams playing each other if they are in the bottom third of the table... they are there because they don't score many goals ?
..... thanks Paul for your thoughts on this. I already use Soccervista and have done so for years now. That is where I look at the stats but have not gone much beyond the current filters I use for selection purposes. Perhaps there is a need now to recheck filters to make improvements. ;)

.... another selection comes and goes when the two teams played out a 0-1 scoreline as previously thought by Paul in an earlier thread. So serious thought needs to be given to help restore the system selections and bring them nearer to what they were in the initial days of this system. So another deficit of £6 brings the new total to £28.50 and going downhill quickly. We march on towards tomorrow Monday with that thought in mind. ;)

..... OK we have a selection for tomorrow. It is not wildly exciting looking at the H2H but at least there have been two or more goals scored in 75% of the head to heads. So this one is in the Italian Ser B Division:-
Reggina v Venezia kick off 20.00pm
Hope this one does the trick. ;)

.... after careful consideration and also a dwindling of funds, I introduced a head to head filter for this match and all future sources so were operative from tonight onwards. Could be a good sign as the only selection of the night produced over 2.50 goals and a nice win for the system. So with a surplus of £4.70 to add to our total, we now stand at £33.20 and hopefully this is the sign of better things to come. We go forward towards tomorrow Tuesday looking for more. ;)

.... two selections for tomorrow Tuesday and looking for favourable results:-
Q.P.R.v Stoke C
Etar v Montana
Both backed at over 2.50 goals and 1-1.;)

.... what a shocking night this really is for this system, Unbelievably bad with both matches finishing in 0-0 draws! I cannot think what has gone so wrong with this since it was first introduced. All I can say at this point in time is that I am glad I am only using paper money. If this ever slides down to zero balance, then I think we all wave bye, bye to it and quickly forget. We will stay and play it out though. So a deficit of £12 which downs the total to a lowly £21.20 and looking glum. As they say onwards and upwards towards another day. ;)

..... and only the one selection for Wednesday:-
Fulham v Brighton & H A kick off 20.00pm.
Makes a change to get a premier League match in this system.;)

..... looks like the Premiership proved to be no different and the slide continues in a downward spiral. Another 0-0 is unbelievable and makes me think I should now be going for under 2.50 goals judging by the way the results have been going lately. So same as last night a deficit of £6 and the new total is £15.20 and not so exciting. No selections for tomorrow Thursday so back to cover anything Friday. ;)

..... after the blank day today we go forward to tomorrow with two selections hoping for better:-
Charleroi v Anderlecht
Hull C v Portsmouth
Both backed at over 2.50 goals and 1-1
Looking for some favourable results. ;)

.... failure once again tonight and the system continues to slide to new depths. Most picks now appear to be doing badly and after tonight's deficit of £12 the total now stands at a lowly £3.20. Although it was only paper thankfully, I think now is an appropriate time to pull the plug on this system as it has run it's true course of events. Also there is a very similar system on the Tips thread which appears to be going steady at the moment. Early days for it just yet, but maybe worth following along for a while. I have another system which I have always wanted to have some experimentation with and now looks a good time to introduce the details and see if that fares any better. Considering this Alternative BTTS system reached the dizzy heights of £70 there were high hopes that it was looking quite decent. Sadly the selections have not worked out of late and time to draw the line. The Clever Score Strategy will follow shortly when I get the details prepared. Meanwhile it is adios to this one and hope that at least it stirred a little interest for one or two of you out there. Cheers. ;)

..... since pulling the plug on the Alternative BTTS system, I have been thinking seriously that there is not an awful lot wrong with the idea itself, and it did prove profitable for a good length of time. I think the fundamental problem appears to be lying within the selection process, and I have therefore decided to have a good look at this and perhaps revamp things a little in an attempt to put this back on the winning path once again. So I will probably return with this in the very near future after I have done a little paper experimentation. I still think the system has its merits. ;)

..... my sincere thanks to you two lads above for your loyal support during a difficult period. Trust you don't mind me calling you 'boys'. ;)

..... hope to be back with this system shortly. Busy trialling another selection method which looks quite promising at the moment. ;)
..... trials going quite well, last night there were 6 correct from 7 selections using two filters. Tonight we have currently 2 correct from 3 selections with another match unfinished as yet, so quite pleased at the way it is shaping up. Looking at placing two bets Over 2.50 goals and BTTS. ;)

.... more decent results in the trials tonight. Had four selections - 2 results were 1-1 only, 1 result was over 2.50 goals correct, and the other was over 2.50 goals and the BTTS as bonus. So pleased with this and hope to be back shortly with ;) selections using the new method.

Back