• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

all weather thoughts and flat racing

I didn't notice anything amiss at all with your post, L lendos.

We did a lot of chatting , here and there, about Old Port. It won. No worries.
Where I messed up yesterday was with Viola. :violin::D

Btw, don't worry about pillock-heads like me; I'm here to learn, and, I started trying at least 60 years ago.
Your posts and those of others have helped me far more than harmed me, so my only concern is improving my results.

Hi S Sandhog, I am considering changing my format slightly because I have noticed that some of my TOP rated are for a different distance to the race days distances, for instance, Anythingtoday was over 10f and not 12f as today also, Lucky man was over 5f and not 6f as today.
A continuous problem and when i look at a top rated off my own ratings my first question being is the rating relevant to todays ask.? My ideal would be when the rating is obtained over CD in a higher grade contest but this does not occur very often and like most of what we do it normally comes down to a balancing act. !

Whatever ratings we deploy half the job is understanding how to obtain best use from them. I have used my own for the past 15 yrs but i am still learning Re this aspect. !

Hi S Sandhog, I wonder if this would help, as I said yesterday quite a few of my top-rated are not for the present day's racing distance so I thought it might help to know where the rating came from.
1st number is the rating as normal, the 2nd the letter is the initial of the track it raced on and the 3rd is the distance it ran over:

1642943223862.png
I would appreciate your thoughts please.

A continuous problem and when i look at a top rated off my own ratings my first question being is the rating relevant to todays ask.? My ideal would be when the rating is obtained over CD in a higher grade contest but this does not occur very often and like most of what we do it normally comes down to a balancing act. !

Whatever ratings we deploy half the job is understanding how to obtain best use from them. I have used my own for the past 15 yrs but i am still learning Re this aspect. !
Hi mick mick, Thank you for your comment, I have all the info at hand but I'm too lazy to use it all, I hope that at some stage it helps other members along the way, It has taken me ages to find out why my 2nd and 3rd top-rated do better than my 1st top-rated, very frustrating.

Hi mick mick, Thank you for your comment, I have all the info at hand but I'm too lazy to use it all, I hope that at some stage it helps other members along the way, It has taken me ages to find out why my 2nd and 3rd top-rated do better than my 1st top-rated, very frustrating.
Very understandable. Because i have long term data Re my own ratings then this enables plenty of investigations but these can prove both time consuming and give false tells. But over the years and very occasionally a little gem can be found plus the important possible cause factor (s) which does justify the effort involved.

Mine could be called Old School because the three main ingredients are pounds : lengths and OR but while i have the all important confidence Re what they maybe attempting to tell me i still accept that its my interpretation and use of same which is the real straightener.

I deploy mine in three different ways to judge the chance against the opposition then against the race its self, and when appearing positive for both then finally as part of the profiling process. Fortunately it remains a fascinating topic for myself because as you rightly elude seeking perfection while accepting that we are very unlikely to ever find it can prove frustrating. :eek: Although fair dues its seldom boring.

That's fantastic, Ronald Shaw Ronald Shaw !
A wealth of extra information - all to hand in a clear format. Very impressive!
Thank you so much.

I was surprised at how poorly those that had good scores at Wolver didn't seem able to tranfer the form to Lingfield, but, as soon as I thought that was maybe a constant, along came one that confounded the issue by winning well! :D

I believe many , many ratings providers seem to find that their second and third top do consistently as well as the top. None has ever been able to explain why to me.

Similarly, on some sites the top-rated flies in well ( as expected) but , 2nd and 3rd come in as big-priced, complete unknowns!
We may have to ask Bob Dylan whatever is going on. :)

I think I'll go to my grave still wondering.

Having looked around, Album wouldn't appear to have a brilliant chance, but, it's third in on RPR, for what that's worth.
Down in class, and reasonable effort lto.

L lendos, Album is not really a betting proposition for me, but, I was using it to test my understanding of Ronald Shaw Ronald Shaw 's ratings.

Actually, I haven't even looked at any form (yet) . :)

All it was, I thought I saw it near top-rated , with the right track and right distance, (K and 7).

Just an experiment; 'twould be no surprise if I've read the data wrong, and an even bigger, but, more pleasant surprise, if the thing were to actually win. :D

My likely bet today is No Diggity, but, I'm not confident, and, may have to dutch it with another.

All the very best!

today the one horse thats running on my tracker is WHITTLE LE WOODS in the 2-45 at KEMPTON, it ran at newcastle 2 runs back and fin second over 6f in a class 5 beaten by tommy taylor who frontrunner put up at 20/1, tommy taylor has come out and won again dht, next time it was raised in class to class4 and improved from its previous race over 7f, today is not a slam dunk as its being raised to a class3, i still think when horses are improving they can go up in class especially when its only been raised 3lb for its last win, ive transfered my stake 197-50 to an account that does best odds at 8-00, ive backed it at 7/4 which might be to short but i cant keep swerving because of price, im only going to back my tracker horses so there will be days when none are running, best of luck today on any horse your backing

Hi S Sandhog, Please remember that my ratings I put up are Last Time Out figures, Have a look at this before you make the final judgement:

1st row the Rating, 2nd row initial of track it raced on, 3rd row class of race, 4th row race distance, 5th row position it finished, and of course the dates.
1643013529996.png

S Sandhog street kid i a non runner but i get your point with papa stour its become well handicapped, my problem is guessing which way there going to run it, its been held up tracked leaders and from the front, if i knew it was going to lead i would back it

I was busy and missed Albums race live, but, I see it came stone last! :D
I'll watch the replay to see how I lost my 70p.

Just an experiment. No harm done.:) It went to about 45 before the off.

Back