• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

All weather handicaps

• Thread starter Deleted member 7251
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7251

How do people read the form for all weather handicaps where a lot of the field have only run on turf?. I suppose these races would only refer to 3yr old only, but I find it a bit of a minefield. People say that you can look at the going the horse has run on, but even then it's not always transferable form as horses can have different handicap marks for turf and all weather as far as Im aware. Is it best to stay away from these races, and stick to 3yr old plus?. Just wanted to know if other people avoid these races given that handicaps are hard enough without trying to compare turf form to all weather. Cheers

How do people read the form for all weather handicaps where a lot of the field have only run on turf?.
Best solution swerve those races. I only work the Hcaps for older horses but the problem can still occur and when i have a possible bet off AW form (which is the only sort i make) i tend to make individual judgement calls Re a perceived danger from a turf rating. We used to have an AW bettor on here who called it " turf corruption " :)

Chesham Chesham above will help and sometimes a look at the breeding stats can also enlighten.

Breeding can help but for some reason i find it hard on the sand tracks and better on the grass, although as stated above Chesham may help i think he goes well into the breeding on the sand far deeper than i do or know how to.

I was out today but I'm sure I saw a long reply from chesham which I was going to read when I got home. Seems to have disappeared?

Back