• Hi Guest, The software has been updated but I have not had a chance to tweak anything yet.
    It took longer than I had hoped, so I just turned it on and hope everything is OK
    If you spot anything that does not look rigfhyt then please let me know.
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Hi Guest, If you are seeing that Lurker has appeared under your name then please take a look here to see why. AR

Adrian Massey is Back!!!

radimir

Lurker
Hello guys,
its Peter Griffin here.
The site horseracingdb.com is in very initial stage. I will be glad if you told me what features you want to see, what tools could be helpful for you based on all races and odds (which are in our DB) for the last 15 years in UK.
Regards

Boots

Mare
You need to consider what happened in 2015. Wolverhampton was on a new surface so how did that perform. Then we have change in personel R Hannon jnr was doing his own thing which was not 2yo debutantes and M Johnston had a huge stable of 2yo an area where I don't think he performs that well. The strike rate is so low that a bad year would cripple most if not wipe them out. If you want to continue looking in this direction I suggest you stick to Wolverhampton it throws up a larger number of outsiders, or it did the last time I looked.

Hi All - Does any one know - all these systems are they using a common data base and how does anyone know if they are correct ?

So who creates the original raw data - BHA ? and then they flog it on - I don't want it - just wondered singing from same hymn sheet.

As a member of Proform ask Simon where his data is sourced from.
I will do that right now - but as a business owner he might consider that priviledged info -
"Simon- I have been asked is the raw data on Proform obtained from BHA or a central data base holder that all similar systems used "

Chesham

Sire
Racing Pages are a major supplier of data and you can purchase that data from them, in a package that can be designed to your needs. Many of the Daily Papers have their cards produced by them, which is why you will see some of their Forecast Odds exactly the same

HRB seem to use the same supplier if data as Irish Racing does so I would imagine that is a Irish Firm

Weatherbys also hold major amounts of Data, including pedigree Data

Hello guys,
its Peter Griffin here.
The site horseracingdb.com is in very initial stage. I will be glad if you told me what features you want to see, what tools could be helpful for you based on all races and odds (which are in our DB) for the last 15 years in UK.
Regards
Hi Peter Griffin,

First impression is that it looks fairly simple to input at the front end. I'm focussing on AM at the moment and in time will look at your DB to compare the information it picks up when data searching. More than likely, will start a seperate thread if there wasn't one already.

For me, I can't get enough research and cross referencing. I like the graphical representation on your site and hope that it lists the qualifiers so further analysis can be made...etc Good luck with your venture.

By all means feel free to start a thread if you and your guys find some good racing trends for us to salivate over...:drinks:

Reactions: DTR

radimir

Lurker
Hi Peter Griffin,

First impression is that it looks fairly simple to input at the front end. I'm focussing on AM at the moment and in time will look at your DB to compare the information it picks up when data searching. More than likely, will start a seperate thread if there wasn't one already.

For me, I can't get enough research and cross referencing. I like the graphical representation on your site and hope that it lists the qualifiers so further analysis can be made...etc Good luck with your venture.

By all means feel free to start a thread if you and your guys find some good racing trends for us to salivate over...:drinks:
Hi,

the idea for such site is to be a tool for HR punters to find out own patterns to beat the crowd. I will review closely the AM and HRB sites and their functionality and will try to implement them with extended features. By the way the site was started when i noticed that AM site will be no longer updated and supported. The strange thing is that my site started during the AM 2.0 site start. An interesting coincidence :)

I got all excited thinking his system building/ratings were back. Can't see them though.
Forgot about his ratings from before. Maybe he's keeping them closely guarded for now. AM has trainer and jockey ratings, though not sure of there effectiveness as I've got too many things on the go at once. :neo:

Hi,

the idea for such site is to be a tool for HR punters to find out own patterns to beat the crowd. I will review closely the AM and HRB sites and their functionality and will try to implement them with extended features. By the way the site was started when i noticed that AM site will be no longer updated and supported. The strange thing is that my site started during the AM 2.0 site start. An interesting coincidence :)
I was using the old AM info to check on stuff and suddenly it changed over the New Year, which is good news. I'm sure there is room in the market for more database horse racing stuff. As AM hasn't got a horse ratings page, maybe that could help your site standout.

If someone produced a football database query search website, by team, that could have legs. Match by Match predictive scores, team players input, ratings...etc

Last edited:
@Jack Dawkins - What I can say, its his business there seem to be plenty of multi users or users of different systems connected to each other to cross reference for correctness. Actually I would have thought that cross checking was a definite requirement for pro punters - if I had the knowledge to be able to say my searches were spot on I would post the numbers to check against others, but right now could only offer the most basic search's, but if any one wants give definite parameters I can do it

@Jack Dawkins - What I can say, its his business there seem to be plenty of multi users or users of different systems connected to each other to cross reference for correctness. Actually I would have thought that cross checking was a definite requirement for pro punters - if I had the knowledge to be able to say my searches were spot on I would post the numbers to check against others, but right now could only offer the most basic search's, but if any one wants give definite parameters I can do it
He justifies his price by the info used, but could be using the same as HRB which has two options £10/£15 month, how much is Proform?.

He justifies his price by the info used, but could be using the same as HRB which has two options £10/£15 month, how much is Proform?.
There are no secrets the prices are on the front page
Subscribe to package

(Free) - Unlimited - Basic
£10 - 1 day - 24 Hour Race Guide Access
£20 - 1 week - Subscribe to Race Guides
£50 - 4 weeks - Subscribe to Race Guides
£120 - 8 weeks - Subscribe to Silver
£195 - 8 weeks - Subscribe to Platinum (Most Popular)

Clearly more expensive ( possibly there may be deals to be done over longer periods of subscription) but is it better ? I cannot say as new to this idea and its not a question that I am qualified to answer -I do know this, what is value to one is not value to another and the answer must be down to the user experience , but generally in life , if something pays for its self and produces a profit over cost it must be worth the subs - is one worth approx 6 times more ? only experience can show - there are some members on here that subscribe so presumably they like Proform - Proform certainly has a high celeb profile - You have to say HRB is incredibly priced and as shown on here it can be used to fantastic effect.