• Hi Guest, The software has been updated but I have not had a chance to tweak anything yet.
    It took longer than I had hoped, so I just turned it on and hope everything is OK
    If you spot anything that does not look rigfhyt then please let me know.
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Hi Guest, If you are seeing that Lurker has appeared under your name then please take a look here to see why. AR

A return to winning ways

Kevinc

Mare
6.25 Catt John Caesar 1pt win 12/1

Still a maiden but last two runs have been a bit more progressive despite distance of defeats , although lto was only 4L in an amateur h/cap and now 3lbs lower today.
if it doesnt win i think it will struggle to place

Kevinc

Mare
Under review showed some early speed , slightly hampered but wasn't going anywhere fast , John caesar 5th , some late headway but never really involved.

2.20 Hamilton Keenes Pointe 9/2

I always remember this being one of my legs when I got a lucky 63 up for the first time , think it was a 2/7 godolphin hotpot that won the last leg

Anyhoo...

2nd lto behind French press who has since gone and won under a pen nto by over 3L , that form looks decent under here
Never been out frame when raced on uphill tracks including two placed runs here.
Be disappointed if couldn't make the frame.

2.50 Hamilton Berbice ew 16/1

Bit of a lottery pick but did run well over CD 4 starts back which came sept 14 , made return last week having not run since Oct of last year so should strip fitter today and was only btn 3.25L

Kevinc

Mare
9.10 kempton Star Fire win 6/1

Looks a bit overpriced here , I have backed major valentine on its last two victories but has finished behind Star Fire before and unpl in cl5 h/caps

Think the step back up in trip will suit my selection having won at 6f and extended 5f at Bath

Kevinc

Mare
Star Fire just not good enough in the end.

6.25 kempton ballet concerto 8/13 maiden working out well with a couple of winners , finished 5th on debut will improve.

6.55 kempton Snoozing Indian win 4/1

Btn 8l on debut but that form has a bit of substance to it with the winner rated mid 80s.
Has a decent breeding behind it , yard in good form and has a live chance switching from sand to polytrack.

7.25 kempton Munira Eyes win 10/3

Thought it's race lto represents strong enough form to take this maiden for varian.
That was on 2nd start and 120 days off maybe a concern but think it will be good enough.

Singles for thread but did a win trixie as well

Kevinc

Mare

Last 3 all placed annoyingly

Fancy a couple of outsiders at kempton my least favourite track lol

7.55 Woofie ew 40/1

Still 7lbs above last win but ran well enough off 80 over a mile at kempton.
Up in trip might suit and at the price , worth an ew

8.55 Teme Trixie ew 25s

Former nh performer , has ran in better races than this as a maiden and this cl6 h/cap looks pretty weak.

Kevinc

Mare
Wasn't to be , I did have voyage of discovery and lancelot as singles but didn't include them here lol

Kevinc

Mare
8.10 Wolves New Hope 1pt win 10/3

Although beaten a fair way lto , 9th btn 7.5L , that was a much stronger race than this and has dropped 5lbs in h.cap , now going onto its 2nd nursery start .
subsequent form of last time out race looks strong enough to take this.
form of fav looks nothing special , only in at price due to trainer i think.

Last edited:

Kevinc

Mare
jeez i know mine was btn 7.5L lto but winner of 8.10 was beaten big distances on 3 runs , play the system.

Kevinc

Mare
Lucky last

9.10 Who's Shirl 1pt win 20/1 , Danish Duke 1pt win 20/1

Each way only 4/1 so ill chance point wins on both

Whos shirl won at doncaster off 60 and hadn't performed to that level since , switches to all weather and has performed well off higher marks over CD.
Danish Duke is a former irish performer , has dropped to a good mark and looks the type to pop up now and again

Kevinc

Mare
Danish Duke ran ok but nowhere near really , shirl pretty bad

9 10 wolves Living Leader ew 20/1

Better at Lingfield all weather but has won at wolves in the past
Dropped a lb since lto defeat by 3 and a bit lengths in a cl4 over 6f and should find this 7f cl5 more suitable.
Jock claims 7 and although not profiling here , rides the track ok.
Only had 3 rides for yard resulting in one win

Kevinc

Mare
3.25 Worcester Hoponandsee win at 12/1

Made an encouraging debut in nhf back in March , beaten 16Lengths but made good progress and was a bit one paced nto at cheltenham in the april.
Returns today and might be best caught fresh.
Baker has a good s/r with bumper runners in general and here is 1 win and a place from 3.

Kevinc

Mare
3rd at 11s sp

8.15 Kempton Little Prairie win 11/2

Have some doubts about top two , think they would both be better than 6f rather than the 7f on offer today.
Mine should show benefit of return to 7f and dropping 2lbs in h/cap and with blinkers applied for first time it could work the oracle.

8.45 Kempton Plover e/w 14/1

With it being a stakes race , the weights are more bunched together and i like this one from Attwater yard.
must have missed the cut for all the group 1s and is largely regressive but it runs in bits and pieces , ran well enough here not that long.
Rated 2lbs lower than favourite but jockey takes 7lb off so has 5 in hand theoretically , although jock didnt get me a winner last night on liing leader.

9.15 Haames e/w 8/1

With only horse in the field with a win on the surface , shows you how good this race this.
Haames ran well two outings ago over CD nearly getting 3rd , excuses last time out over 11f and drop back to a mile seems sensible choice

had the singles and also bet an e/w trixie as well for interest

Good luck

Kevinc

Mare
all unplaced , dreadful really lol

3pm plumpton - Dancing Dik win 6/4

Won over CD lto in a stronger looking contest than this and carries 11lbs more today but has the ticks in the right boxes in regards to trip , track yada yada and surely should be too strong for these " veterans"

2.40 Pont Hold on Magnolia 7/4 Fahey juvenile who showed promise at beverly when getting the hang of things late on and creating a good impression when 3rd , with the 2nd only btn a narrowest of margins in next two races.

3.10 Pont Ellas Honour e/w 12s

Might be a shade high in weights off 77 , 6lbs above last win , but last time out 5th has worked out well with the 1st not beaten far in a listed race nto , 2nd a bit outclassed in a listed race and 3rd has since won a 20 runner h/cap and beat Dance King that day.

Good luck

Kevinc

Mare
3.40 Pont Lazzam e/w 11/2

Apart from debut race , the form of its other 3 starts looks solid enough to take this weakish looking listed race.
2nd lto on the all weather at chelmsford , im not sure how serious the level is there but 1st rated 93 and 3rd won a decent h/cap nto so form has some substance.

Added this e/w lucky 31 to keep me interested.

Selections
No. Selections Event Event Date E/W Terms Odds Result
1 Dancing Dik 3.00 Plumpton (RACE 2)
(Win and Each Way)
Live Stream 19/10/2015 2 Places
1/4 Odds 6/4 To Run
2 Hold On Magnolia 2.40 Pontefract (RACE 2)
(Win and Each Way)
Live Stream 19/10/2015 3 Places
1/5 Odds 7/4 To Run
3 Ella's Honour 3.10 Pontefract (RACE 3)
(Win and Each Way)
Live Stream 19/10/2015 3 Places
1/4 Odds 14/1 To Run
4 Quatrieme Ami 1.50 Windsor (RACE 1)
(Win and Each Way)
1/4 Odds 8/11 To Run
5 Lazzam 3.40 Pontefract (RACE 4)
(Win and Each Way)
1/4 Odds 11/2 To Run
Multiples
Bet Type No of Bets Unit Stake Stake To Return Returns
EW Lucky 31

Kevinc

Mare
Dancing dik I felt should have and would have won but outsider wins

4.30 Floral Spinner ew 20/1
is probably best caught fresh, form of 1-2-2-2-3 returning after a break although not as long as this before.
Only 4lbs above last win

Kevinc

Mare
Carrying on the title of thread , rename to " what is a winner" lol

3.30 Lingfield

Barbs Princess ew 14/1 makes appeal dropping back down to the minimum as lightly raced at trip and capable performer on the all weather

Kevinc

Mare
Yay small profit made

4.15 Exeter Inner Loop win 11/2

Trainer does well with bumpers and won this in 2013 , funnily enough I had the winner of this last year , think I won 200 that day from my 1p ew super heinz
Anyhoo this one first choice on bookings , doesn't have anything to fear