• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

A Racing Miscellany

if you're betting win only you still don't get BOG

most have the enhanced nowadays, and also keep the BOG
... willhill do a "pick your place" thing now ...
Looking at one earlier that was 7 runners 15/2 2 places.
I was able to get 7/1 for three places on the same horse.
Handy to grab that extra especially in the smaller fields.

most have the enhanced nowadays, and also keep the BOG
... willhill do a "pick your place" thing now ...
Looking at one earlier that was 7 runners 15/2 2 places.
I was able to get 7/1 for three places on the same horse.
Handy to grab that extra especially in the smaller fields.
No sorry pete pete my complaint was I bet a horse today win only @7/4 in a place enhanced race, as i was betting win only place enhancement isn't a factor the horse won @2/1 but I was paid @7/4 so although they advertise BOG this particular race isn't BOG on their website.
I apologise to everyone for aftertiming sorry

my complaint was I bet a horse today win only @7/4 in a place enhanced race, as i was betting win only place enhancement isn't a factor the horse won @2/1 but I was paid @7/4 so although they advertise BOG this particular race isn't BOG on their website.

gotcha, so no BOG on extra place races even if you are not in the extra place market ... seems silly.

I was in my local WH Smith and Waterstones at the weekend and even though it's Christmas they both had fk all in the way of racing books. The Waterstones had largely stopped a while ago but WH used to have a half way decent range but couldn't find any this weekend :-(

I was in my local WH Smith and Waterstones at the weekend and even though it's Christmas they both had fk all in the way of racing books. The Waterstones had largely stopped a while ago but WH used to have a half way decent range but couldn't find any this weekend :-(
Tbh i stopped looking a long time ago with the last two i bought being Enemy Number One ( Veitch ) and It Can Be Done ( Blake ) . Both proved disappointing and i think better reads can be found in this forum.

Just reading markfinn markfinn above Re Tic Tac prompted a memory from long ago as i found a book on same in my local library, i studied and practiced which mostly proved a wasted effort because the On course bookmakers used a twist card which meant that when they where talking or signing number seven on your card it was not horse seven on the official race card. I also copped a double whammy because i forgot to renew the book and when i finally returned it the fine was simular to the books cost.

The Splonks up the arm with the thumb, its carpet bar. Neves on your blabber is cockle with the fiddlers. :)

I don't look for myself cos it's a rarity for me to buy one for myself these days. But I was thinking about how it's not exactly good for promoting racing if there's f all books on it WH Smith

Morning all my latest

Consist mainly of Jockey's Auto Biogs - the older ( jockeys that is ) the better and the odd spread betting tome - the monte carlo book is of interest I keep picking it and putting it down again - need time to digest it and never seem to have that much

I don't look for myself cos it's a rarity for me to buy one for myself these days. But I was thinking about how it's not exactly good for promoting racing if there's f all books on it WH Smith
Never was much of interest in those types of shops - ABE books is good

one for you mick mick

I don't expect WH to have books on building your own speed ratings etc but to have ditched the more general interest stuff on the sport is a bit crap. At one point I bought my old man a nice one on race courses around the world.

I had an enjoyable visit to their shop when it was still going.

Years ago I ordered a few books from a similar place in Vegas but have forgotten the name now.

Cos I'm a hoarder I've basically accumulated my own little library of horse racing books and magazines

I'm afraid I've given all of my books away - including that hardback thing about butterflies.
Not the slightest interest in ever buying another one about racing again.

Sad, but, true.
Racing is a bit passe nowadays, and I don't believe the old bullshit will keep it alive any more than old religions have kept the churches full.

My time on the courses and on the fora have been of far more use to me. Did I ever tell you about the time I met the guy who shoots the horses? I'm sure I did a thousand times. :D

Me I like to flick through something like "When Racing Was Racing" when having a dump.

When I was first sucking in info on this I found most books about form etc alluded to much but gave away very little of real use so I found it a bit like "The Ninth Gate" , a quite different book that I enjoyed, where I had to build a picture from the useful snippets from each one.

Never read one yet that gave a clear usable guide - a lot of reading between the lines and "experimental" posting and trying to elicit discussion lead the way to usable ideas and clearer picture's of how to squeeze a profit from the game - One thing that stands out is that no one way, is the only right way.

Back