• Hi Guest, The forum will be moving hosts on 26 July and as such will be closed from Midday until the move has completed.
    As we will be with new hosts it may take a while before DNS get updated so it could take while before you can get back on the forum.
    I think it will take at least 4 hours but could easily be 48!
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a 20% discount on Inform Racing.
    Simply enter the coupon code ukbettingform when subscribing here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Inform Racing so help is always available if needed.
    Best Wishes
    AR
  • Sorry for the ongoing issues that you may have been experiencing whilst using the forum lately

It really is frustrating when the forum slows down or Server Error 500 pops up.

Apparently the hosts acknowledge there is a problem.
    Thank you for using our services and sorry for the experienced delay!
    Unfortunately, these errors are due to a higher server load. Our senior department knows about the issue and they are working towards a permanent resolution of the issue, however, I'd advise you to consider using our new cPanel cloud solutions: https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

I will have to investigate what the differences are with what We have know compared to the alternative service they want us to migrate to.
    Keep safe.
    AR

3 Year Olds

wolver 7.00

Sharp Exhibit
Joyfilly

70/30 split

I do think Regal Eagle will take this at the short price, but the two picks could improve on h/cap debut.

Both have run in maidens they could not hope to get involved in, with sp's of 66/1 & 400/1 on their last runs.

SE comes from a stable in decent recent form.

Joyfilly will get my attention again, hopefully stepping up to 9.5 nto. Went off @ 142 to finish 4th, btn a head for a place, but he was prominent from the start, got outpaaced when hitting the straight, then stayed on again.

Sharp Exhibit will probably get a 2lb drop and although finishing in the rear, I may not ditch him yet. The problem is he was out of the picture most of the time and one comment does claim he was blocked.

Kempton 8.00 Alezan

Unfortunately there is a chunky R4 with Merweb now a n/r.

Alezan initially appears a C7 h/capper who looks harshly treated for her turf win. She won a classified rated, beating total dogs who are all 50 or less rated. Howerver, she did win in good style and she proved when returned to Bath her new mark of 56 wasn't beyond her with a 2nd place to the improving Kindergarden Cop, who has won tow more and now rated 11lb higher.

The next issue is whether she can handle polytrack, with her 0/5 stat, but her run 2 back can be over looked when finishing 4th, as it was in a C5 grade and the race was dominated by the hold ups over 8f and she did best of the prominent runners. The three in front were all rated higher than Alezan and the average OR was 11lb higher than tonight's race.

She did drop in trip and grade lto, but Fanning surprisingly sat deeper than ideal, then hit serious trouble:

can have her effort marked up significantly considering the trouble she experienced in the run, and this won't prove all she's capable of in 7f handicaps.

She had the beating that night of today's 2/1 fav Fly The Nest ( also met trouble), who has put in a decent effort since, but Alezan is 1lb better plus Dobbie is back on board claiming 5lb.

Whilst her Kempton stats are modest, she actually has the same %SR as Marquand and Kingscote.

Marquand will probably try and get in front of Alezen fron the break and dictate, as the race looks totally paceless, but Dobbie will hopefully be able to use the cut away .

Mr Mac officially holds the pick through KIndergarden, but MM looks a better horse at Lingfield and a whilst appearing fairly treated and holds C&D win, I'm happy to oppose.

I did think the other 3yo Mack The Knife could be worth watching for the future; moved to a small in form trainer has has a dcent S/R with 4yo's .

The jockey is enough to put me off ( more than the fact the horse has been beaten a distance in every race) with only 4 rides even with a 7lb claim. and I'm clueless even she can do 7-11.

markfinn

Sire
Joyfilly will get my attention again, hopefully stepping up to 9.5 nto. Went off @ 142 to finish 4th, btn a head for a place, but he was prominent from the start, got outpaaced when hitting the straight, then stayed on again.

Sharp Exhibit will probably get a 2lb drop and although finishing in the rear, I may not ditch him yet. The problem is he was out of the picture most of the time and one comment does claim he was blocked.

Kempton 8.00 Alezan

Unfortunately there is a chunky R4 with Merweb now a n/r.

Alezan initially appears a C7 h/capper who looks harshly treated for her turf win. She won a classified rated, beating total dogs who are all 50 or less rated. Howerver, she did win in good style and she proved when returned to Bath her new mark of 56 wasn't beyond her with a 2nd place to the improving Kindergarden Cop, who has won tow more and now rated 11lb higher.

The next issue is whether she can handle polytrack, with her 0/5 stat, but her run 2 back can be over looked when finishing 4th, as it was in a C5 grade and the race was dominated by the hold ups over 8f and she did best of the prominent runners. The three in front were all rated higher than Alezan and the average OR was 11lb higher than tonight's race.

She did drop in trip and grade lto, but Fanning surprisingly sat deeper than ideal, then hit serious trouble:

She had the beating that night of today's 2/1 fav Fly The Nest ( also met trouble), who has put in a decent effort since, but Alezan is 1lb better plus Dobbie is back on board claiming 5lb.

Whilst her Kempton stats are modest, she actually has the same %SR as Marquand and Kingscote.

Marquand will probably try and get in front of Alezen fron the break and dictate, as the race looks totally paceless, but Dobbie will hopefully be able to use the cut away .

Mr Mac officially holds the pick through KIndergarden, but MM looks a better horse at Lingfield and a whilst appearing fairly treated and holds C&D win, I'm happy to oppose.

I did think the other 3yo Mack The Knife could be worth watching for the future; moved to a small in form trainer has has a dcent S/R with 4yo's .

The jockey is enough to put me off ( more than the fact the horse has been beaten a distance in every race) with only 4 rides even with a 7lb claim. and I'm clueless even she can do 7-11.
Nice post

Good luck markfinn markfinn 🤞

Now Bad Attitude has won, I will be backing Stand Free tomorrow in the 3.45.

13/2 seems decent especially with the option of a 200% stake trade in running at odds on.

Wolver 7.10 Tomouh @ 3.0

472 days off and 1st time cheeck pieces no real concern, considering how the trainer operates.

Whilst she ran below expectations on her only run as a 2yo, it was a decent race.

The odds on fav also returns off a break and looks an obvious form choice, as it's debut was in a race that has thrown up plenty of winners, but I'm still not convinced about the strength of the race and the sire surface stat is a concern.

Shepperd rode a shocker for the stable earlier, so hopefully he will on top of his game.

Kempton 8.15 King Of The Alps @ 11/2

With only 5 runners at likely KOTA will be prominent in this, a DOB bet could be the sensible option, but I'm going win only with a 200% trade back around 1.35 in running.

If anyone knows anything about the German form book, please feel free to comment, as his last race was over there in July. It looks an entry for his German owner, who owns thee sire and mare.

He has a couple of decent relatives who were stayers rated in the 80-85 region, both trained by Johnston.

No real concern about lay off apart from being in the dark regarding the reason.

May possibly need further ( has another entry over 14f Southwell) , but that comment could be applied to a couple of the opposition.

Having won at Beverley, no issues with track and the surface shouldn't be an issue.

markfinn

Sire
1609085924622.png
Sword Spirit looks ripe for a quick return - Ceiran Fallon returns to ride the horse 0/1 - have to be impressed with the W Haggas stable , they never seem to be out of form - Drawn well - Course ? - Distance is ok - Paddypex has more recorded pace but the four years age difference goes against him -

She won easily LTO at lingfield and cannot see the penalty stopping her reaching the higher grades ATR Player | Replay | Monday 21 Dec 2020 | 12:30 | Lingfield | At The Races

tacker

Mare
At first glance this looks straight forward SWORD SPIRIT but while she won that race with a bit in hand she was winning a c6 off a mark of 64, i recall thinking she might be well in at the time but forget now why i didn't back it. Haggas might be taking advantage of running before she is reassessed with maybe more than the 6lb penalty she carries today but i would have thought there was little in it. Easy to argue she will be improving and the fact that she doesn't seem to pull or has any quirks i can see makes her a worthy fav.

What about the opposition ?

JEWEL MAKER....has run 3 times now over c/d and run up to his best each time, trying to get a hang of the merit other than the obvious numbers he was 3rd lto behind another 3yr old MABRE and my reading there is that the form looks similar and this fits in well with the numbers so nothing too obvious in favour of SS given she is odds on.

ARABIC WELCOME.....I remember when this horse made his debut over 12f , was with godolphin at the time and even though they has GIGOLI in the race this horse attracted money even it looked quite a good maiden, anyway he was last of 5 btn 26L appearing not to stay in my eye at least.
He was tried again over12f at ling and again this wasn't a bad maiden won by RED MISSILE (not raced on flat since) but several winners in front of him rated significantly higher than his 63 here, back down to a mile today and a change of stable and then throw in a 7lb claimer i think there is enough to fear this horse might be thrown in but of course that's all theory with so little to go on.

Conclusion....I would say this race isn't nearly has straightforward as it first looks and if i was forced to bet it would a little dabble on AW.

Last edited:
Good swerve on Sword Spirit T tacker

I'm trying my best to not get involved with the straight track at Newcastle.

It's probably a case of over complicating on my part, but I don't have the same issues with the round track.