• Hi Guest, The forum will be moving hosts on 26 July and as such will be closed from Midday until the move has completed.
    As we will be with new hosts it may take a while before DNS get updated so it could take while before you can get back on the forum.
    I think it will take at least 4 hours but could easily be 48!
    Ark Royal
  • There seems to be a problem with some alerts not being emailed to members. I have told the hosts and they are investigating.
  • Sorry for the ongoing issues that you may have been experiencing whilst using the forum lately

It really is frustrating when the forum slows down or Server Error 500 pops up.

Apparently the hosts acknowledge there is a problem.
    Thank you for using our services and sorry for the experienced delay!
    Unfortunately, these errors are due to a higher server load. Our senior department knows about the issue and they are working towards a permanent resolution of the issue, however, I'd advise you to consider using our new cPanel cloud solutions: https://www.tsohost.com/web-hosting

I will have to investigate what the differences are with what We have know compared to the alternative service they want us to migrate to.
    Keep safe.
    AR

3 Year Olds

Very late money for the winner, probably on the basis it worked well with the stablemate Onaassis, who won the earlier listed race and rated 99.

live show:

22/1 25/1 22/1 20/1 16/1

Surely will have to take up Friday engagement in 0-95 at haydock with a 6lb penalty.

Yarm 3.53 Gonna Dancelot .

I've been checking my reminders on a regular basis, yet somehow GD is not showing on my alerts.

I said in August he would be a cliff horse and this will be my 3rd time backing him.

Whether the trip will be too short is a concern, but I do like the new trainer and the fact Egan is off and replace by Marquand who is 3/5 for the trainer.

The fact the ground must be getting close to heavy should also help.

The fav James Park Woods does stand out, off a lower OR than last week, but he is short enough and 3 quick runs inside 2 weeks may see him run flat inside the distance.

Gonna Dancelot was a moderate 4th.

I really should have picked up on the winner, with some effort.

No surprise to see it backed from 22/1 to 12/1 on it's debut run on bad ground. Strong maiden with 19 winners to come from the race and the 11 horses to finish in front of Mabre having a cuurent OR average and median of 82.

Mabre was running off 67 in a 0-70.

The horses behind did little for the race, but they were virtually all rags.

Must try harder !!!!!!

Ascot 4.15 Raaeq. 9/2 taken

Probably classed as a mugs bet, an over bet 3yo who are 0/20 in previous runnings of the race.

To be honest I backed this horse without any regard for the opposition, with my only decision to be issue of draw and pace concerns.

Having examined the previous 3yo's in the race, plenty were clearly going for a final pot hunt before retirement.

The ones that were to continue as 4yo's like Lord North have run with credit without winning.

Whilst Raaeq has obviously been raised through the season for last two wins, I do feel it's significant that they were both in modest C3 events. The previous 3yo's have generally come here off the back of runs in Heritage handicaps.

The horse is officially well in to the tune of of 5lb and there certainly woud be no pressure to run this horse again this year.

Hopefully the 3yo curse will be broken, whilst I'm watching one of my favourite singers, after a LFC win .

Having looked at the draw, I've come to the conclusion the course have removed any bias that existed T tacker .

Low drawn are 2/2 in this event on soft in big fields, but the 2nd in both races were drawn high.

The stands rail has been moved towards the centre of track.

Doncaster 2.20 Ishvara

The cynic in me thinks she will win fto next season on bad ground, as she clearly runs well off a break.

The other issue for me is the fav Came From The Dark holds a strong chance on this ground, especially if high numbers have an advantage and I did consider a saver, but the pick is more than double his price.

The trainer was obviously fully aware Ishvara wanted soft ground, having pullled her from her debut 2yo run on account of the ground being "good", then running her 3 days later on soft, beating an experienced 1/3 shot.

She has had some tough tasks and comes her 12lb higher than her last winning mark, but she ran as well as could be expected lto behind stablemate Blue De Vega on bad ground lto.

If she can get away better than last time out, she should be in the mix.

markfinn

Sire
Doncaster 2.20 Ishvara

I have 3yrlds with a extremely slight advantage over 4 year and have a 4 yr top with 3yrld Ishvara 2nd top

1603540630206.png

Came from the Dark ( coming out a week early for Halloween) 1st time ride for Tom Marquand has the worst of the draw
1603541061359.png
is that because of the possibility of being squeezed into the corner rail ? either way you want fast breaker and Oisin not one for hanging about - and on balance Ishavara should at least beat CTDark and looks set to lead start to finish

tacker

Mare
Just been looking at this race and the one that interest me is BRIGHT START who has yet to win in four runs but his level of form would easily give him every chance off his mark of 81. This 10f looks to be his best distance and other possible positives are tackle off, cheek pieces on, first time on the AW and Murphy back in the saddle.