• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

2YO Rating

Thanks @ LukeyBoy LukeyBoy will have a look at this, could be something different. My ratings are using ELO similar to Chess and used in many sports throughout the internet. They are probably not much good for horse racing as there are so few runs to use. I have the 2 sets, one that jsut compares the finishing time and the other based on converting the times and weights carried into form ratings.

Unlike most ELO Rating systems the ratings are fluid so that future events adjust previous ratings accordingly. I start all newcomers with a rating of 100 which means races with few previous runs are initially a very doubtful rating as the more newcomers the more likely the ratings will be unreliable. My other problem is when horses run very poorly, especially on soft ground as the ratings are exaggerated for the winners. The current top rated is very likely affecdted by this.

Will check your link tomorrow or Friday.

Cheers

Kevin

Tomorrow including former to prated Dairerin. Will have to win easily to climb the ranks

Attachments

• Friday.xlsx
    13.3 KB · Views: 1
Tomorrow's runners with Dora Penny the most interesting in a decent race at Chepstow 7.00.

Oscula the 2nd top rated beat disappointing Dairerin but still some way behind.

Attachments

• Sat.xlsx
    12.5 KB · Views: 0
Think I had forgotten to post today's runners above!! They were in the box awaiting Post Reply - not a great performance today. Top rated inIreland a 3rd Top on time at Lingfield - generally well short.

Just 2 tomorrow. A hot seller at Goodwood.
1622918344896.png

Attached tomorrow runners with decent event at Haydock main feature.

Plus top rated on both methods and current level stake losses and summary. Been poor predictions today!

Attachments

• Wednesday.xlsx
    13.8 KB · Views: 3
Some top runners tomorrow including Bethersden Boy that was top rated until today brought it's race win down to a more appropriate level.

I'm A Gambler and Moony Beams plus Sovereign Prince (3rd to Bethersden Boy) in a hot race at Newbury add to the talent.

Ratings fared moderately today as newcomers continue to do well.

Attachments

• Thu.xlsx
    11.9 KB · Views: 1
The newcomers dominate again, many of the top rated running well below expectations due to the low number of reappearances in some races the ratings are often a little inflated.

On both ratings The Organiser of Joseph Tuite is now top.

Tomorrow attached. Thing I will run to the end of Royal Ascot and if it doesn't improve revert to standard Form Ratings. Not enough information for this method.

Attachments

• Sat.xlsx
    12.1 KB · Views: 0
Some more big fields with the best race a 4 runner event at Windsor with the moody Arboy Will returning.

The ratings have hit another trouble with the race won by Bosh having 3 well beaten so vastly inflating the figures. Will run to end of week then maybe a new version of ratings!

Attachments

• Monday.xlsx
    13.8 KB · Views: 0
Tomorrow including the race of the season so far. The Organiser and Gisburn lead the ratings, the Irish contender is well down on my Irish ratings, but the unrated American will probably be very dangerous.

Attachments

• Tuesday.xlsx
    12.9 KB · Views: 4
Well I have decided to "Retire" this method! After a shocking run these are the figures of the Top 3 rated since I started posting.
1623781607213.png
As can be seen the LS1 is £1 level stakes on the Top and so on. The top rated have failed dismally and though the 2nd and 3rd top have performed reasonably, all at SP these figures. Perhaps laying the Top rated is a method!! Mainly though the reason was Berkshire Shadow was only 23rd after today. I have changed the performance of the last rating which has helped pushing it to 11th but still many winners of big distances affecting ratings. I have had an idea on how to compile the ratings and amend them using a different approach but it will be a while before I can sort the formulas out. Nothing to do with ELO though, stick to using that for sports with more data on performers.

Be back when I get the new method sorted. Tomorrow's and the leading ratings on attached.

Attachments

• Wed.xlsx
    16.3 KB · Views: 1
Well after a break, I have completed the new ratings, not really Speed Figures though. Using the Timeform method and finishing times as per BHA site have converted to pounds ratings. Then using a method in the Bob Wilkins books have created fluid ratings that alter as each new detail comes to light.

The results are not really better but I have eliminated all horses that were beaten by more than 50 lbs, (not including weight). This has improved the ratings and prevented the anomalies of high ratings when horses are beaten a long way. From the same period of 29/5 onwards these are the results - nothing special I'm afraid!
1624707871602.png
Also attached ratings for today and tomorrow, adjusted for weight carried.

Attachments

• SAT.xlsx
    17.2 KB · Views: 1
For information these are the best ratings achieved. Under the old method the ratings were just one per horse, as they were the current rating, these are as per the usual scales of one rating per race. Still missing yesterday results so a little behind.
1624708105401.png

Attached tomorrow races, 3 decent events in Ireland with the excellent Ger Lyons sending out a top performing Maiden winner in a Listed race.

Attachments

• WED.xlsx
    14.6 KB · Views: 2
Back