• Hi Guest Just in case you were not aware I wanted to highlight that you can now get a free 7 day trial of Horseracebase here.
    We have a lot of members who are existing users of Horseracebase so help is always available if needed, as well as dedicated section of the fourm here.
    Best Wishes
    AR

2YO Rating

I have Showtime Mahomes and Isladaay both rated 42

Showtime Mahomes run in a good Novice Stakes won by Dairerin who then went on to get beat by a nse in a warm conditions race at newbury won by Dukebox running to a speed figure of 65.

I fancy Showtime Mahomes to go one better tomorrow although he is giving 5lb to Isladaay due to fillies allowance but still expect him to win.

Last edited:
I have Showtime Mahomes and Isladaay both rated 42

Showtime Mahomes run in a good Novice Stakes won by Dairerin who then went on to get beat by a nse in a warm conditions race at newbury won by Dukebox running to a speed figure of 65.

I fancy Showtime Mahomes to go one better tomorrow although he is giving 5lb to Isladaay due to fillies allowance but still expect him to win.

Unfortunately Showtime Mahomes finished second again today with Red Warning improving on his first run to win.

Will need to do the speed figure later to get a view on the quality of the performance

These things happen!

1621452446976.png
Just one race tomorrow, a decent one at that.
Very disappointing top rated today @ 4mandu 4mandu. I expected it to be overrated as an anomaly of the system that Dairerin was below it. Just experimenting, but it has dropped well down the list now, about 50th. At least now I have the Group winner top or that wonderful Class 2 Maiden at York.

1621452848443.png

Tomorrow 3 races. There seems to be a surfeit of Fillies' races at the moment. The ratings have hit a snag with the performance of My Dubawi yesterday that has inflated the others in the race leaving Bethersden Boy clear at the top of ratings. Maybe time to quit this method! Already have it as anything over 100 ranking points behind winner is rounded up to0, or time equivalent on the time ratings. But the only way is to remove the performance from the ratings which shows the problems of computer only rating methods.
1621776004055.png

Lots of races today as the UK standard hots up with National Stakes at Sandown tonight.

Also the near top rated Jadhlaan at Haydock. A test for the ratings of the York race it ran in.

Top rated now are these. As mentioned the top is dangerous due to the poor performance of My Dubawi.

1622106705830.png

Attachments

• Thursday.xlsx
    13.1 KB · Views: 0
After the failure of Jadhlaan today. Korker gets a last chance to rescue the highly rated York maiden.

Attachments

• Friday.xlsx
    13.4 KB · Views: 0
Well Korker won but unsurprisingly the York race has dropped quite a bit on the ratings today.

Attached tomorrow with Kyber Crystal the star runner. Also top rated without weight and summary of ratings so far on attachment.

Attachments

• Sat.xlsx
    14 KB · Views: 1
Lots of big fields today as 2yo runners increase rapidly.

Apologies a couple of errors yesterday as included headgear, missing ratings for the 2 horses. No affect on results though.

Attachments

• Tuesday.xlsx
    14.4 KB · Views: 0
Top rated after this afternoon. An impressive race at Leicester won by Dharab, surely lots of winners and higher ratings to come from them.
Last night Roscommon race maybe slightly overrated by the gaps.
1622559818005.png

Lots more races tomorrow with Elliptic the star of the show in Ireland. A hot race at Kemotin with many newcomers as well.

Attachments

• Wednesday.xlsx
    13.1 KB · Views: 1
Back